Spread Eagle - Subway To The Stars

Stefan

I'm going to have to agree with Wardy here. The 29th of Feb minus that very bad break b4 the guitar solo sounds like a King of The Dogs crossed with This Is My World. It would be better if Ray could get up into those glass shattering wails he did in 91 but this is the best thus far and if the remainder of the disc stays like this in lieu of the 1st few pop punk tunes I'd be happy.

5 hours ago, martinsane said:

I'm going to have to agree with Wardy here. The 29th of Feb minus that very bad break b4 the guitar solo sounds like a King of The Dogs crossed with This Is My World. It would be better if Ray could get up into those glass shattering wails he did in 91 but this is the best thus far and if the remainder of the disc stays like this in lieu of the 1st few pop punk tunes I'd be happy.

Cheers, listened a ton to the entire album released here today and gotta say am super impressed.

The title track out the gates, More Wolf Than Lamb, Dead Air all as great as 29thFeb with that Open To The Public feel, and Cut Through, even when dabbling elsewhere such as with Valentines, all strong stuff in my books and Ray still let's out the occasional scream ;)

I'm not sure fans hoping for a return to the debut will think such but fans of both or just OpenTTPublic should find plenty to enjoy.

Personally loving it \m/

This is simply not the same band without Paul DiBartolo. His songwriting and playing gave them a step up over most bands. This is kind of like having White Lion without Vito. Didn't DiBartolo become a hippy or something?

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, Stefan said:

Yet another song from this glorious album :)

Do you really like it, or are you taking the urnine? Piss. Taking the piss? 

I like this Cut Through song too. Its again very Open To The Public and even Wests voice is more reminiscent of 30 years ago. 

Again and sure its no S/T but its better than the first song from this album and even that song is light years better than that new Roxy Blue drivel.