Blood Red Saints - Love Hate Conspiracies

Stefan

• 4 weeks later...

So is this being released through AOR Heaven, not Frontiers?

From rockposer.com:

AOR Heaven To Release New Album From Blood Red Saints January 26th, 2018

Following on from their critically acclaimed 2015 independent debut album ‘Speedway‘ Blood Red Saints make a welcome return with a brand new selection of top class hard rock. ‘Love Hate Conspiracies‘ sees the band make a progression into a more focused direction. Pete Godfrey (vocals) tells us more. “The Speedway album was a great debut for us no doubt about that but this new album is a massive step forward. We’ve really found our own sound and identity with this material, it feels a lot more cohesive and is without doubt, heavier in style. This feels like a real band all pulling together”

The new album also sees two new Saints baptised to join original members Pete Godfrey, Rob Naylor (bass) and Lee Revill (guitars). Neil Hibbs (formerly of Arkhams Razor, Shy) joins to add a harder edge with crunching guitars for a tougher approach for both live and studio work. Andy Chemney (drums) was an obvious choice having worked with Rob in their previous band ‘Angels Or Kings‘. Rob takes up the story. “I’ve known Andy nearly all my life, he was the guy I wanted for our band and we are so pleased to have finally got our man”

So, what can we expect from ‘Love Hate Conspiracies?’ Lee Revill told us this “it’s musically in a heavier direction than Speedway. We still wanted big melodic choruses but we wanted to toughen them up a bit too. We’ve got such a strong set of songs here and we are all excited to finally let people hear them, on the album and also live, these songs are gonna kick ass”

The album features a writing and vocal contribution from Paul Laine (The Defiants)  on ‘Is It Over‘ and a track ‘Turn On The Night‘, written by Steve Brown (Trixter, Def Leppard, Tokyo Motor Fist)

Mixing and production was handled by Simon Humphrey who has worked with some of the biggest acts in music over many years and his input was invaluable in producing this record. The release date was set to January 26th, 2018.

Soundclips:

'Live & Die'

'Something In Your Kiss'

'Wake Up'

23905374_1733904119993783_87136392207393

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure about this one, I like the track Live and Die, and from the sampler Arms Wide Open and Is It Over sound pretty good.  While it is always hard to tell from just snippets, nothing else really stands out for me upon first listen. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...