Thirty Seconds To Mars - Walk On Water

Stefan

I thought it sounded familiar, it has the same vibe and song structure as this one:

Ha beat me too it and agree that was my first reaction.

My daughter used to like ID, now hates them and she is in love with 30STM, but said the new song is "lazy" and is not a fan of the new music. Still digs the old though.

Where as I like them and wasn't so impressed.

Yep, me too. They have some good stuff (love the 'This is war' album) but the last album wasn't great and if this is anything to go by, I have grave fears for this new album. That's pretty awful to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, me too. They have some good stuff (love the 'This is war' album) but the last album wasn't great and if this is anything to go by, I have grave fears for this new album. That's pretty awful to me.

Better version?

Better version?

No. Still a sub standard tune that sounds precisely like that ID tune. I wonder if they are in process of some form of litigation of copyright infringement.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a fan. Was a big fan with their A Beautiful Life album. Their This Is War was too progressive and made me lose some Interest, but I liked Love, Lust, Faith and Dreams a fair amount. They are hit or miss with me. Have to see what's in store.

• 7 months later...

Anyone checked out the new album, 'America?'

Another band that's gone to shit, imo. What is wrong with the massive abundance of these bands that start out as proper (hard) rock bands and turn to this electronic type of pop? It happens with so, so many of these modern bands. It seems the natural progression now, and I hate it. It makes me respect the ones that stick to their guns so much more. I guess bands "evolve" and I don't mind a band "evolving," as long as they don't completely lose what they were once about. And listening to this, I don't hear much in common with their mighty 'This is War' album. 

The only song that does sound like it could have come off that album is the only song I like on the album. I think the album is rubbish, but this one song is the sole keeper from it;

He's gone totally moody and arty. And he's done some great songs in the past like that but needs to balance them with rockers.  

I've given it a few goes and in the right mood I can listen to it.  If I heard this as my first taste on 30STM I doubt I'd have given it the time I did.