The Price Of Loving You

Mr.AOR

• 2023 Gold Donors

I absolutely love this song and Desi boys version is the way it should be done. There are others who think the Bonfire version is better (idiots who know nothing) so which one do you prefer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67EWrfDwQy8&list=RD67EWrfDwQy8#t=10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcfdDR0YMmA

I would always prefer non accented vocals (child is far better singer in any case) and the production is a million miles better on Child.

Great song by the way.

And i love both albums these are pulled from

Haha, I am definitely, 100% an idiot who doesn't know nothing. ;) Bonfire all the way.

It's a great song but for me the Bonfire version is huge and to my ears, the way the song deserved to be done. It builds up much better and explodes more than Desmond's version.

Desmond's version is much more mellow and subdued, but I think the song sounds better as an explosive creature.

Say what you want about who's the better singer, but I believe Lessman far more than I believe Child in terms of vocal delivery. Could be Desmond may still have singing about females back then and that's why I just don't believe him? ;) Seriously, I much prefer Lessman's more impassioned delivery.

Haha, I am definitely, 100% an idiot who doesn't know nothing.

Backed.

As for the song the production alone means the Child version wins but how can you say hes not passionate....his whole vocal on that album exudes passion.

Also in the second verse the Child version kills with stop start guitars whereas the Bonfire version is weak.

No comparison imo.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Also in the second verse the Child version kills with stop start guitars whereas the Bonfire version is weak.

No comparison imo.

Yep have to agree with Glen here 100%

Haha, I am definitely, 100% an idiot who doesn't know nothing.

Backed.

As for the song the production alone means the Child version wins but how can you say hes not passionate....his whole vocal on that album exudes passion.

'Gift of life' is an amazing tune, dripping with passion. This one, however, is not. IMO.

Haha, I am definitely, 100% an idiot who doesn't know nothing. ;) Bonfire all the way.

It's a great song but for me the Bonfire version is huge and to my ears, the way the song deserved to be done. It builds up much better and explodes more than Desmond's version.

I'm an Idiot too :P