Songs in German

Invisible_man

anyone like anything from Deutschland? Pop, Rock, Schlager....?

These I found online, not bad. And Nena still looks good! :)

Nena - Wir Sind wahr

H & N - LA

Helene Fischer - Atemlos Durch die Nacht

Thomas Anders - Der beste Tag Meines Lebens

Beatrice Egli - Mein Herz

• 2023 Gold Donors

I have to agree with Geoff's sentiments on this one.

Whether it comes from Germany, Japan, Spain, New Zealand etc.

If i can't understand the vocals it's a deal breaker, no matter how great the music is.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 4/24/2017 at 4:29 PM, Darkstone said:

I have to agree with Geoff's sentiments on this one.

Whether it comes from Germany, Japan, Spain, New Zealand etc.

If i can't understand the vocals it's a deal breaker, no matter how great the music is.

I never really opened this thread because as a few of the above posters mentioned, my hatred for foreign language vocals is well documented. Completely pointless rubbish. Why not just got outside and slap you ballsack against a wooden post? Maybe a bit painful, so instead, just slap your half erect penis against a wooden post. That serves as much purpose as listening to music in foreign languages, imo. 

Anyway, if you're not German and you absolutely love wasting time, you must check out Tanner. Musically killer, and if they sung in English I have no doubt their debut would have been great. I only just found out this year that one of their guitarists is a long time member of Mad Max. 

8 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I never really opened this thread because as a few of the above posters mentioned, my hatred for foreign language vocals is well documented. Completely pointless rubbish. Why not just got outside and slap you ballsack against a wooden post? Maybe a bit painful, so instead, just slap your half erect penis against a wooden post. That serves as much purpose as listening to music in foreign languages, imo. 

Anyway, if you're not German and you absolutely love wasting time, you must check out Tanner. Musically killer, and if they sung in English I have no doubt their debut would have been great. I only just found out this year that one of their guitarists is a long time member of Mad Max. 

but if understanding lyrical content is so important to you, why not just read poems in English? Why listen to music? 

• 2023 Gold Donors
18 hours ago, Invisible_man said:

but if understanding lyrical content is so important to you, why not just read poems in English? Why listen to music? 

Interesting point. I guess it's like watching a foreign movie without subtitles. It could be the best movie in the world, but if I don't know what the actors are saying then it isn't as enjoyable. Just out of interest i-man, do you happen to speak German?

4 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Interesting point. I guess it's like watching a foreign movie without subtitles. It could be the best movie in the world, but if I don't know what the actors are saying then it isn't as enjoyable. Just out of interest i-man, do you happen to speak German?

Interesting point? Sorry Invisible Man, but that's the stupidest point on the subject I've ever read, lol. It doesn't even make sense. 

It's like saying why eat butter on your toast when you could go the market and buy a clock? How on earth is listening to music relatable to reading poetry? 

I listen to music with lyrics because I love music and songs. If I wanted to read, I'd read a book about a musician or an adult film star - not poetry. But I listen to music because I want to listen to music - not read poetry. 

And understanding music is important to me because I like songs I can relate to, and all my favourite songs mean something to me in some way. Something I can sing along to. 

"Aster atemmmshhesn hshhhesjgjhf shhuhjdfvhgkdjn jhvdhf hfjdhsghsdfh" is not something that means anything at all to me, nor can I sing along to it without sounding like a pointless moron. ;) 

Anyway, sorry, Darkstone, I quoted your above post for a reason. I thought this was really funny - "Whether it comes from Germany, Japan, Spain, New Zealand etc." lol. 

Anyway, sorry if that sounds harsh, Invisible Man - definitely not meant to be. I just honestly find that listening to music in foreign languages is a complete and utter waste of time. I could then ask you if lyrics are not important, why don't you just listen to instrumental rock music instead of songs with lyrics? ;)

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, Geoff said:

Interesting point? Sorry Invisible Man, but that's the stupidest point on the subject I've ever read, lol. It doesn't even make sense. 

It's like saying why eat butter on your toast when you could go the market and buy a clock? How on earth is listening to music relatable to reading poetry? 

I listen to music with lyrics because I love music and songs. If I wanted to read, I'd read a book about a musician or an adult film star - not poetry. But I listen to music because I want to listen to music - not read poetry. 

And understanding music is important to me because I like songs I can relate to, and all my favourite songs mean something to me in some way. Something I can sing along to. 

"Aster atemmmshhesn hshhhesjgjhf shhuhjdfvhgkdjn jhvdhf hfjdhsghsdfh" is not something that means anything at all to me, nor can I sing along to it without sounding like a pointless moron. ;) 

Anyway, sorry, Darkstone, I quoted your above post for a reason. I thought this was really funny - "Whether it comes from Germany, Japan, Spain, New Zealand etc." lol. 

Anyway, sorry if that sounds harsh, Invisible Man - definitely not meant to be. I just honestly find that listening to music in foreign languages is a complete and utter waste of time. I could then ask you if lyrics are not important, why don't you just listen to instrumental rock music instead of songs with lyrics? ;)

Don't apologize. I agree with you.

10 hours ago, Geoff said:

I could then ask you if lyrics are not important, why don't you just listen to instrumental rock music instead of songs with lyrics? ;)

not a fan of instrumental. I like singing with my music, maybe because it adds extra layer of vocal melody on top of the instrumental.

As far as what the song is about, I don't care much about that. And if I absolutely must know, there is always google translate. I don't think I catch all the lyrics of English songs that I like either. Also, you can still sing along to the chorus, nobody will judge you for mispronouncing or even making up words.

On topic, I can understand some German because I studied it, but am far from fluent...

• 2023 Gold Donors
8 hours ago, Invisible_man said:

On topic, I can understand some German because I studied it, but am far from fluent...

Yeah,  I think it helps to have at least a rudimentary knowledge of the language. I wish I was bilingual, but it's just English I'm afraid.

Auf wiedersehen und Gesundheit. 

9 hours ago, Invisible_man said:

=

Yeah, that makes a huge difference. I see no issue with someone who understands a language listening to music in that language - that makes complete sense. :)

Anyway, before we got sidetracked, I did make a serious recommendation in Tanner. You ever heard them? I accidentally ended up with their 'Ausser Atem' CD probably about 15 years ago now. It must have helped establish my hatred of music with foreign lyrics, lol, but I gave it a fair crack back in the day. Made me really sad because in English it might have been something like Bonfire's 'Point Blank.' Sounds like it would be a great album, in English. 

14 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, that makes a huge difference. I see no issue with someone who understands a language listening to music in that language - that makes complete sense. :)

I say if the melody is strong enough, the song can still be very enjoyable without full comprehension of lyrics.  I never discard a song simply because it's in a foreign language....

On 9/12/2018 at 9:04 AM, Invisible_man said:

I say if the melody is strong enough, the song can still be very enjoyable without full comprehension of lyrics.  I never discard a song simply because it's in a foreign language....

I do. Every single time, without exception. ;)