David Lee Roth - Ain't No Christmas

Stefan

So, uh, where's the song? I heard some really boring guy saying some really boring words over an (primarily) acoustic guitar. But where is an actual song in that clip? I can't even say I hate the song because I don't even consider it to be an actual song.

This is called blues, dudes. :D

Blues? Oh. Ha, sorry mate. My mistake. I must have confused blues with shit. ;) Innocent mistake.

Obviously not for everyone but Roth excels at this style. He is a gifted storyteller and a witty lyricist. I like his simplistic approach. He could have put out a balls out rocker (fine by me, btw) and the malcontents would have shred him for how shitty he sounds nowadays.

Nicely put.

I like me some VH and some DLR but haven't bothered listening to this. My question is why is he doing this? Every interview you read or see with him he talks about his love of dance/pop or whatever the fark it's called these days. Why wouldn't he cut a dance track?

Obviously not for everyone but Roth excels at this style. He is a gifted storyteller and a witty lyricist. I like his simplistic approach. He could have put out a balls out rocker (fine by me, btw) and the malcontents would have shred him for how shitty he sounds nowadays.

Nicely put.

I agree. I know his voice is shot nowadays and he can't really handle the rockers like before. Here however, his vocal is fitting like a glove.

It's fine for what it is, but I like to hear something more exciting when an artist releases a new song after being inactive for a while. That being said, I think that this would totally work as one of those chill songs to close an album with. I do hope that we hear more new music from him.