Veronica 'The V' Freeman (Benedictum) - Now Or Never

Stefan

10898083_375957712582534_250785351915233

Pressrelease from Frontiers Records:

Veronica “The V” Freeman is the iconic singer of the Heavy Metal heavyweights Benedictum and THE V marks a major step out of her comfort zone, since it delves into a definite melodic Hard Rock vibe.

An impressive array of talent has stepped up to assist THE V in creating her solo project on many levels. The list includes Pete Wells, Aric Avina and Rikard Stjernquist of BENEDICTUM, Michael Sweet (STRYPER), Garry Bordonaro (THE RODS), Jeff Pilson (DOKKEN, FOREIGNER), Mike Lepond (SYMPHONY X), Tony Martin (BLACK SABBATH), Leather Leone (CHASTAIN), Jerry Dixon (WARRANT), Jimmy Durkin (DARK ANGEL), Mick Tucker (TANK), Jordan Ziff (AGE OF EVIL), Derek Kerswill (UNEARTH, KINGDOM OF SORROW), Peter Tentindo (VENUS MARS PROJECT), John Herrera, Ryan Greene, Kenny Lewis, Meliesa McDonell, Michael Harris , Mel Brown and John O’Boyle.

Veronica comments: "I had a lot of input and encouragement from Frontiers to try and stretch myself with different musical styles and approaches. It was great to be able to work with Pete Wells writing some of these songs too. So, it was a no-brainer to accept their proposal for a solo album. I am a bit nervous and beyond excited!"

Be prepared! If you thought Veronica was just a Heavy Metal Amazon, you’re going to be proven dead wrong! This is a massive Melodic Hard Rock record with some great lead vocals which show a lot of the original influences that brought “THE V” to be one of the most well know and recognized voices in the current Metal scene!

THE V
Veronica Freeman – Lead vocals
Leather Leone – Duet vocals “Kiss my Lips”
Tony Martin - Duet vocals “King for a Day”
Meliesa McDonell - additional vocals “Star Shine” & Acoustic guitars
Derek Kerswill - drums
Jeff Pilson, Mel Brown, Garry Bordonaro, Aric Avina, John O’Boyle & Mike Lepond - Bass
Pete Wells, Michael Sweet ,Peter Tentindo, Jimmy Durkin, Mick Tucker, Jordan Ziff, Michael Harris – Guitars

facebook

The-V-Now-Or-Never-artwork-480x488.jpg

Tracks:

01. Again
02. Now Or Never
03. Roller Coaster
04. L.O.V.E.
05. Line In The Sand
06. Love Should Be To Blame
07. Kiss My Lips
08. Spellbound
09. Starshine
10. Below Zero
11. Ready To Run
12. King For A Day

• 2 weeks later...

As annoying as these epks are and some distracting imagery lots of these snippets sound very good.

She had me at cleavage... uh, I mean hello.

Except she didn't really. The music is pretty awful, but the cleavage is fucking amazing. Perfect rack, awful music. Well, that first chorus is actually pretty nice. Shame about the rest of the song. The next song is crap, though. Yeah, doesn't sound very good but her amazing rack means I may give it a second chance... maybe.

She had me at cleavage... uh, I mean hello.

:rofl: What he said.

Got to review this one and tried listening to it today. First track is pretty good, but then ... oh dear.

Haven't heard anything to dissuade me from buying it........the track above sounded good enough.

Haven't heard anything to dissuade me from buying it........the track above sounded good enough.

I heard one song (probably the one above) thought it sounded good and put my name down to review it. Got half way through my first play of the album and had to turn it off. Just sayin'. :whistle:

Well, I'm going to have to listen to more tracks........what is it about the album that people are not liking? Is it that it's not ferociously heavy with lower registered vocals? Or is it that it's too different than Benedictum? Or is it that the melodies, etc. just suck?

But...damn, every time I leave this post I scroll up to see that first pic......DAMN!!! **and I'm a boob guy to begin with....lol**

Well, I'm going to have to listen to more tracks........what is it about the album that people are not liking? Is it that it's not ferociously heavy with lower registered vocals? Or is it that it's too different than Benedictum? Or is it that the melodies, etc. just suck?

Just the tunes. They're pretty weak, whereas the Benedictum albums usually have a few really good songs.

But...damn, every time I leave this post I scroll up to see that first pic......DAMN!!! **and I'm a boob guy to begin with....lol**

:D

Yeah, they are a little ... distracting. :tits:

Just really, really average songs to me, mate. Does nothing for my ears at all. The pic does wonders for my member, though.

Just really, really average songs to me, mate. Does nothing for my ears at all. The pic does wonders for my member, though.

I feel wrong for laughing at this.

:D

Changed my mind somewhat about the album. It isn't great, but it isn't bad either. Two or three songs I like and a few others that are okay. And in the lyrics of one song, she appears to be demanding oral sex .... I think.

Incidentally, the track Stefan posted today is one of the worst ones imo. "Line In The Sand
" and "L.O.V.E.
" are the standouts for me.

Changed my mind somewhat about the album. It isn't great, but it isn't bad either. Two or three songs I like and a few others that are okay. And in the lyrics of one song, she appears to be demanding oral sex .... I think.

:lol: Don't worry, mate. If it goes to court, I got your back. ;)

:lol: Don't worry, mate. If it goes to court, I got your back. ;)

:rofl2:

Class.

(Although how would that work without consent ...? erm .... but ... no, James, just don't go there...)

• 1 month later...