Michael Bormann - Closer

Stefan

Cool photo. It'd be nice if this one was actually a winner. I really hope it is, for his sake too.

• 3 weeks later...

On the 22nd of May 2015, after more than four years, the long awaited fifth solo album "Closer" by Michael Bormann will see the light of the world. 2014 has been an eventful and exciting year. With his impressive performance at one of todays biggest TV-Shows The Voice of Germany Michael reached millions of people.

All songs were written, recorded and produced within a three-month studio session by the end of 2014.

Due to the huge demand of the Demi-Lovato song "Warrior", that got him into The Voice - show, Michael had no chance but taking it on the forthcoming CD.

Downright refreshing, versatile and rocking Bormann presents "Closer". Ballads, mid-tempo songs and pure Rock´n´Roll: you got it all! Defining a favorite is pretty hard as every single song has its own magic.

"Because we are the world" goes straight to the heart. The childrens choir makes this tune very special. Not only radio stations will love this song.

It should be mentioned, that a valuable contribution to this album has been given by Eric Ragno and Bobby Stoecker. Knowing what and how he wants it, Bormann played most of the instruments by himself. Its impressively showed on Closer.

His strong Voice - performances got Michael the long deserved attention.

Now it´s time for the next level. Closer will be drawing in the crowds under its magic spell.

Line-up:

Michael Bormann Drums, Bass, Keyboards, Guitar & Leadguitar, Acoustic guitar, Vox

Jean Bormann Guitars, Backingvox

Marco Grasshoff Keyboards, Backingvox

Eric Ragno Keyboards

Bobby Stöcker Leadguitar

Katie Juraschka - Backingvox

1. Im not your entertainment

2. Lets make history

3. Never say die

4. Cant get a touch too much

5. Because we are the world

6. Living it up

7. I wanna be a rock star

8. For this one time in life

9. Closer

10. Rich mens world

11. Down to the bottle

12. Warrior

This album is all over the map. Some tracks I dig and others leave me scratching my head.

Here's a WTF moment:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/audio/michaelbormann_cantgetatouch.mp3

And a track that IMO is quite good:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/audio/michaelbormann_neversaydie.mp3

This album is all over the map. Some tracks I dig and others leave me scratching my head.

Here's a WTF moment:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/audio/michaelbormann_cantgetatouch.mp3

And a track that IMO is quite good:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/audio/michaelbormann_neversaydie.mp3

Dan that wasn't cool...that first track was like sticking a fork in my ears :)

I dig the second one though!

• 2 months later...

I find this album to be painfully average. Just the same lyrics and vibe and melodies all recycled from all his other solo stuff. It just sounds so uninspiring.

And fuck me, that video is terrible. I didn't realise he was so chubby, to be honest. I always thought he looked moderately handsome in most the mug shots on his albums... that video just reversed all that. ;) Really terrible.

The album is actually pretty good. I have spun it several times now and it's pretty solid actually.

I agree that it's solid; basically 7/10 across the board. But is that really the kind of album you're going to keep playing? It's definitely not for me. Where are the killer tracks? I listened to the entire Bormann fronted Jaded Heart discography, and that quality of music seems a lifetime ago.

• 1 month later...