Ten - Albion

Stefan

TEN-Albion-Cover-News.jpg

From rocktopia.co.uk:

TEN - 'ALBION' (Rocktopia Records)

For all lovers of fine Melodic Hard Rock the wait is finally over!

British Hard rock giants TEN are returning with what is already being acclaimed as the best album in their history. ‘ALBION’ is the title of the album, the term being the earliest documented name for the collective British Isles from the time of Queen Boadicia.

ALBION’ is fine collection of songs steeped in all the trademark essences associated with the band and is instantly recognisable as TEN.

This is classic Ten in every sense of the phrase.

New European based label ROCKTOPIA RECORDS are proud that this album will carry their prestigious RTP001 catalogue number.

In an exciting development, Gary and the guys have been so productive over the past year that ‘ALBION’ will actually be the first of a two album release situation on ROCKTOPIA.

The second, as yet untitled album, to be released early next year. A schedule not unlike the historical situation when TEN was born, releasing their debut ‘Ten’ and ‘The Name Of The Rose’ in quick succession.

The collection of songs on ‘ALBION’ are destined to become Melodic Hard Rock Anthems.

The Official Release Date for ‘ALBION’ is November 21st Worldwide.

However ROCKTOPIA will be Pre-Releasing the Album to Direct Sales, only in Europe and America, from Monday 27th October. This follows TEN's Friday 24th October Firefest appearance where the album will be previewed and the first CD copies will be available.

ALBION’ will also represent another first for Ten with the release of a limited edition double gatefold vinyl album including many collectable items which will be an absolute must-have for fans of the band.

The name TEN is synonymous with some of the music genre's most striking album sleeves.
In keeping with this TEN tradition the artwork this time is provided by the exceptionally talented Gaetano Di Falco.

ALBION’ is produced by Gary Hughes and once again mixed and mastered by Dennis Ward.

This is an exciting era for TEN. It features all the familiar faces and one or two new ones who have integrated seamlessly, embellishing the Ten sound and taking things to yet another level. TEN are definitely firing on all cylinders.

More information on this will follow shortly in forthcoming TEN press releases.

We promise you that your patience will be rewarded.

• 4 weeks later...

TenBand2014-600x315.jpg

TEN are:

Gary Hughes Vocals

Dann Rosingana Guitars

Steve Grocott Guitars

John Halliwell Guitars

Steve Mckenna Bass

Darrel Treece-Birch Keyboards

Max Yates Drums

The track listing as follows:

01. ALONE IN THE DARK TONIGHT

02. BATTLEFIELD

03. IT'S ALIVE

04. ALBION BORN

05. SOMETIMES LOVE TAKES THE LONG WAY HOME

06. A SMUGGLER'S TALE

07. IT ENDS THIS DAY

08. DIE FOR ME

09. GIOCO D'AMOURE

010. WILD HORSES

http://www.facebook.com/TenOfficial

http://www.tenofficial.com

http://www.rocktopia.co.uk

• 1 month later...

Yeah, looks like everyone's in the band at the moment. I could join them on stage if they ever played in Australia and I doubt anyone would notice there's someone extra there. Surely they must get in each other's ways, playing on the stages of the size assume they play.

Anyway, they talk a big game in that press release and I truly hope they live up to it. 14 years now, since 'Babylon,' which imo was their last good album. That's a hell of a long time.

I heard it and not sure what to make of it yet. Only heard it the one time. Production is better and it's a heavier album than the last few. There is a weird drum sound present on a lot of the CD... like a little "tapping" sound here and there. It's odd. But yeah, other than that it sounded pretty good.

Based on the first listen, I'll say the two issues for me will be the length of the songs (they're long) and the lyrics. I was finding it real hard to connect on a lyrical level at all, with some pretty stupid stuff here, so we'll see about that. I'll give it more spins and hope it turns out okay. I think it's better than the last few albums, but don't quote me yet.

I'm, surprised there's been not much discussion on the latest Ten album, strange since they've got some big fans on this site.

not heard it............

never been a Ten fan tho so I'm guessing this album wont change that ??

Still waiting to hear it. I've always liked Ten without being a major fan, but no denying they have some fine discs in their discography

The first two Ten albums have remained as some of my fabvourite listens of all time and I wonder if this album will actually hold up to those :)

Definitely, 100% not. Not even close. But like I said, it's okay.

• 2 months later...

Is it just me, or are there more people on stage than in the crowd? ;)

It's a good song and a solid album, but with 0 replay value. And there is something I really dislike about that drum sound...