RELOAD - Hotter Than A Bullet

Stefan

10922553_931666733540718_596595385452993

Good stuff.

From FB:

RELOAD is a Melodic Heavy Rock band from Greece.
They were formed in Larissa in the summer of 2012 by Teo Ross (ex-Diary of Secrets,Solo),
Tasos Lazaridis,Marianiki Toka (Normah),Kostas Tokas (Power Crue) and Elias Papadopoulos (Isospin).
They started recording their debut album called "Hotter Than A Bullet" with the famous Greek musician and producer Bob Katsionis (Firewind,Outloud,Solo),which is going to be released in August 10th 2014 by 'ROAR! Rock of Angels Records'.
Their music is influenced by Classic,Hard Rock and Heavy Metal bands such as Europe,Scorpions,Stryper,Metallica,Led Zeppelin,Whitesnake,Jaded Heart,Gotthard,H.E.A.T.,Eclipse,Steel Panther e.t.c.

RELOAD are :

Kostas Tokas : Lead Vocals
Teo Ross : Guitars
Tasos Lazaridis : Guitars
Marianiki Toka : Drums,Backing Vocals
Elias Papadopoulos : Bass

5fa2d482957c1c2fe59120c81bf1ea4b173a5dcc

Tracklist:

Give In To The Night

Superhero

Come Back

Longing For Your Love

Candle In The Night

Alone

Higher

Prince Of Steel

Survive

Fight

• 1 year later...

Not bad. I'd like to hear the album to decide what to think of them.

Agree Geoff......one thing that disturbs me about new stuff............where is that song, that certain melody or chorus that grabs and pulls my chain? So much of what I hear is surely well done, but so much also sounds like so much I've heard over and over. It almost seems as though I have to replay a new disc over a number of times to really get into it anymore........

Am I in a slump here?

Not bad. I'd like to hear the album to decide what to think of them.

Agree Geoff......one thing that disturbs me about new stuff............where is that song, that certain melody or chorus that grabs and pulls my chain? So much of what I hear is surely well done, but so much also sounds like so much I've heard over and over. It almost seems as though I have to replay a new disc over a number of times to really get into it anymore........

Am I in a slump here?

Nah mate, it's definitely the way it is these days. For me personally, I have a gigantic amount of albums from this year that I've rated in the early to mid-70% region. Absolutely nothing wrong with that, technically. It's a good, solid album. But like you suggest, where is the "x-factor" in so many of them?

Band after band can pretty effortlessly produce a good, solid collection of songs. No doubt about it, but there is such a ridiculous amount of music out there, especially when you think that most guys here span their collection over three decades and more. By christ that is a lot of music, and the fact is that there are plenty of 80%+ bands in all that, so where's the appeal anymore of a good solid 70% style album?

For me, the abundance of so much music has heightened my expectations and desire for quality hugely; and my tolerance for good but not great music is at an all time low.