Trixter - New album in 2015

tts42572

From Frontiers Records facebook page:

Back in 2012, we released the first new studio album of original material from TRIXTER in 20 years! Happy to announce that the wait for the next album will be a lot shorter as the band has just inked a new deal with us and we'll be putting out their new studio album in 2015!

I thought New Audio Machine was a very good melodic rock album and if I had to make a top 10 list of my favorite albums over the past 5 years, that one would likely make the cut somewhere....

Interested to see how they follow it up.

Looking forward!

Some nice parts on the last disc, really looking forward to a new one. Hoping they beef up the production, are a little more consistent with quality songs, and we may have a winner.

• 7 months later...

Cool, that's good news. Really looking forward to this. My main hope is that it's just more polished than the last album. Some good songs on the last one, but a lot of fillers too. My main issue was just with the kind of budget sound. It wasn't badly produced as such, but I'd wish for better from a band once signed to a major label. I know those days are long gone, and honestly, the debut was very thinly produced anyway, but you just come to expect a particular sound from some bands... Would love to hear something that sounded as beefy as 'Hear.'

Jeez Mark Scott looks stupid in that shot.

Cool, that's good news. Really looking forward to this. My main hope is that it's just more polished than the last album. Some good songs on the last one, but a lot of fillers too. My main issue was just with the kind of budget sound. It wasn't badly produced as such, but I'd wish for better from a band once signed to a major label. I know those days are long gone, and honestly, the debut was very thinly produced anyway, but you just come to expect a particular sound from some bands... Would love to hear something that sounded as beefy as 'Hear.'

Jeez Mark Scott looks stupid in that shot.

I will have to listen to it again, I thought it sound really good when I first got it.

Got a reply on Twitter from Steve Brown saying that they're hoping to release a single around the end of April/early May with album out in early June.

I really enjoyed the last album...I think mainly because I had zero expectations from it and it sorta surprised me. Hoping they can just offer up another good dose of melodic rock on this release.

Got a reply on Twitter from Steve Brown saying that they're hoping to release a single around the end of April/early May with album out in early June.

I really enjoyed the last album...I think mainly because I had zero expectations from it and it sorta surprised me. Hoping they can just offer up another good dose of melodic rock on this release.

Agree with you on the expectations of the last album, and it is a really good album!

Agree with you on the expectations of the last album, and it is a really good album!

Haha, maybe my problem was that I did hope/expect a lot. ;)