R.O.X.X. - Blind in Vegas 2CD

stormspell

[media=300x225]

[/media]

R.O.X.X. - Blind in Vegas 2CD

Johnny Roxx's (Tarrga, Aerian Rage, Legend) solo project, also featuring Nikki Jaggz on bass and Stevie Mitchell on drums, delivering classic melodic L.A. metal for fans of Keel, Armored Saint, Dokken, Great White, W.A.S.P., etc.

An unreleased 4-track EP from 1993 with a second bonus disc crammed full with pre-production1992 demo tracks. A total 2CD bargain to be sold at $7.99

To be released in April 2014

I don't like having pre-orders, it only adds pressure and makes people cranky and unhappy if/when there are some delays etc.

It will be added to the store once the CDs are manufactured and on hands, which should be soon enough. End of March or thereabouts.

Youtube clip added to the initial post.

Legend is a possibility, although the demo is only 3 songs and I'm afraid it wont be enough to make a substantial release...

After TARRGA release tanked so spectacularly not selling more than one-third of the pressing, even at current $5 clearance sale prices, I'm somewhat cautious into engaging in similar "die-hard" MHR releases.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Sounds good. I will be picking this up. Sorry to hear about the Tarrga release. Got mine when it came out and glad to have it in my collection. Also liked the Stutz one as well. At the prices you have them for now, people should definately take advantage and pick them up.

I'd understand if people dislike TARRGA's production as the master transfers Johnny had weren't the best quality. But that was all that's available, and those are basically demos and live songs to start with, so... Besides we really tried to make a solid overall packages with custom art, archive photos, tons of interesting liner notes, etc... it was really disappointing none of the bigger distros like Neh, Aor Heaven etc. didnt even bother to write back after sending them sample packages...

In retrospect, if I could go back, I'd probably ditch some of the live tracks and scale it down to a single cd release. I really thought more people would like and appreciate the expanded packages... guess I was wrong.

STUTZ I knew is not going to be a hot seller, but I like the band and did it anyways. We invested so much into it, making it 3 seprate discs with full-blown 12-page booklets, custom coverartworks. Bought equipment to handle the Beta-max masters (the band has recorded some of the songs on B-max master tapes using PCM convertors - the grandfather of the digital technology). Transfering, mixing, and mastering of 2" multi-track tapes, 1/4" master reels, etc. A lot of cash went into this one and close to two years work. Hopefully one day it will become sought-after and eGay "collectors" would shell crazy bucks for a copy ;)

Sounds good. I will be picking this up. Sorry to hear about the Tarrga release. Got mine when it came out and glad to have it in my collection. Also liked the Stutz one as well. At the prices you have them for now, people should definately take advantage and pick them up.

I agree TARRGA is awesome as well as the Stutz release...have them all !

I'd understand if people dislike TARRGA's production as the master transfers Johnny had weren't the best quality. But that was all that's available, and those are basically demos and live songs to start with, so... Besides we really tried to make a solid overall packages with custom art, archive photos, tons of interesting liner notes, etc... it was really disappointing none of the bigger distros like Neh, Aor Heaven etc. didnt even bother to write back after sending them sample packages...

In retrospect, if I could go back, I'd probably ditch some of the live tracks and scale it down to a single cd release. I really thought more people would like and appreciate the expanded packages... guess I was wrong.

STUTZ I knew is not going to be a hot seller, but I like the band and did it anyways. We invested so much into it, making it 3 seprate discs with full-blown 12-page booklets, custom coverartworks. Bought equipment to handle the Beta-max masters (the band has recorded some of the songs on B-max master tapes using PCM convertors - the grandfather of the digital technology). Transfering, mixing, and mastering of 2" multi-track tapes, 1/4" master reels, etc. A lot of cash went into this one and close to two years work. Hopefully one day it will become sought-after and eGay "collectors" would shell crazy bucks for a copy ;)

I am not disappointed with my TARRGA and Stutz....both my favs...to me it is not the question of sound it is just having these tunes in my collection..TARRGA was on my want list for years...

Shame about Tarrga. You would think the Warrant connection would have moved a few units. Hope R.O.X.X. doesn't share the same fate.

I hope not....Johnny sent in enough material for two cd's....hope the rest of the demos are released to....and also the 3 song Legend demo with the great live show Johnny has....make it a limited edition run...I'll buy 2 copies....

Shame about Tarrga. You would think the Warrant connection would have moved a few units. Hope R.O.X.X. doesn't share the same fate.

As per Joey's request the Warrant connection was never a focal point of our promotion.

Johnny sent in enough material for two cd's....hope the rest of the demos are released to....and also the 3 song Legend demo with the great live show Johnny has....make it a limited edition run...I'll buy 2 copies....

The problem with the demos is, they are basically a home-made recordings with drum computer. Good songs, but the production would definitely be a problem to warrant a stand-alone product.

Therefore, I'm simply throwing them on a separate disc as free bonus to the 4-track EP (which is a proper studio recording).

Thus the release, even though a double CD package with thick booklet, will be marketed and sold as an EP at $7.99

I'm not sure I understand why NEH wouldn't sell these releases? I see no reason a 'distributor' would lose out on product that suits its buyers. Would NEH have to prepay for the discs and then sell them or do they do a consignment kind of thing? I'm not sure of his business model....but still, seems so odd to me.......

My take on the whole NEH & AOR Heaven's refusal to even consider stocking Targa & Stutz is that the bands are simply too obscure.

Also, CD sales are a down turn overall & I'm sure those two aformentioned concur they dont sell as many cds as they did say decade back.

Alot the sales through on ebay & amazon & the likes, have taken away the sales mail orders made.

• 3 weeks later...

hey stormy...when will the Roxx cd's be available?

• 3 weeks later...

Legend is a possibility, although the demo is only 3 songs and I'm afraid it wont be enough to make a substantial release...

After TARRGA release tanked so spectacularly not selling more than one-third of the pressing, even at current $5 clearance sale prices, I'm somewhat cautious into engaging in similar "die-hard" MHR releases.

You could add the 3 demo songs to the legend Live show Johnny has...the sound is great !!

• 3 months later...

Hi, is this available..shows available on your website?

Yes it is available. Disregard the counter, I only put increments of 50 on the webstore at a time. I know the band has been boosting on Facebook it sold out, but that was only the first batch. The release itself is not going to be sold out anytime soon...

http://stormspell.bigcartel.com/product/r-o-x-x-blind-in-vegas-2cd