Who the hell are these guys?

AlphaMale

Back by popular demand (not really), I have uncovered some pictures of bands I've never heard of. Your job, tell me who the hell they are!!! :lol:

Seriously, any info would be awesome!

I do know who Ferrari is by the way. Just thought I'd throw them in there.

BRIAR

10iijhi.jpg

STALKER

29qbgaf.jpg

2mcc76d.jpg

FIREWATER

fwq59y.jpg

IGNORANCE

pln44.jpg

RU READY

uy9ad.jpg

e7jxn8.jpg

SECOND SELF

30lmbnk.jpg

35k8o5i.jpg

TOUR DE FORCE

15gx9xh.jpg

ST. JAMES

2450pr4.jpg

STREAM

2w49wlt.jpg

SOUL

1zp421w.jpg

FERRARI

21enqdv.jpg

And I don't know who the hell this band is. Has me stumped.

I am almost remembering it being Roughhouse but I'm not 100% positive.

wslenc.jpg

"St. James could alter the face of hard rock and metal!" ... yeah, I bet they will :rofl2:

I heard of a few of these... BRIAR was a British metal band, they released a couple of albums in the mid/late 80s. I remember seeing magazine ads for their "Crown of Thorns" release. Never actually heard the band tho.

Crown%20of%20Thorns.jpg

Side note: Worst. Album cover. EVER.

RU Ready was an early 90s hair band that was supposed to release an album via MCA but it got shelved at the last minute and was never released.

The only reason I still remember the name is cuz when I was writing about music for my college newspaper, their label sent me a 3 song demo/sampler tape and their press kit. (which I no longer have)...by the time their package reached me I was about a week away from graduating so I never had the chance to write anything about them. I think one or more of the guys in the band wound up in the industrial band Psychotica.

Dave (Manicego) might know more about 'em, I believe he was talking about them on Facebook a while ago.

Ignorance was a British band who, for some ungodly reason, thought it would be a neat idea to cross pollinate funk with thrash metal. Ummm.... nope. I picked up one of their CDs (I believe it was called "The Confident Rat") in a bargain bin years ago, listened to it once, and got rid of it as quickly as possible. Imagine if Testament and the Red Hot Chili Peppers got into a van accident. Totally unlistenable crap.

History of the band Stalker taken from their Youtube page.

The band formed in September 1988 and recorded Volume 1 one month later. It was

just a demo, more like a reaction than a complete thought. It was released in February

of 1989 and went on to sell 10,000 copies worldwide. At the time things were happening

fast. We were courted by MCA Records, Tom Whalley @ Interscope Records, Vinny

Vincent and countless others. Surprised by success, we confronted it head on. We

wanted to do something about it. We toured across the United States.

We appeared regularly in magazines across the world including, Rip, Powerline, Metal

Edge, Live Wire, Japans Burrn and Italy s Fireball. Fans were writing from Malaysia,

Holland, Romania, Brazil, Japan and Australia. We even received a letter from a fan in

Indonesia who had heard us on the radio there, and had purchased a tape on the black

market. The same thing happened in the U.S.S.R. A friend of mine, Andy recalls,

stationed in Spain, in the Navy, told me about the day his roommate showed up with a

cassette of a hot new band. He had just purchased it because everyone on his ship loved

it. My friend recognized my picture on the cover. His shipmate had just picked up

Stalkers Volume 1.

In 1991 we went back into the studio with producer Dave Durr (Eventide Harmonizer)

and recorded Last Laugh and Find A Way. The songs were never released but they were

heavily shopped once again.

Ahhh, the sweet smell of success! We loved it, it loved us. After three tours in just as

many years we were ready to release our first album, we had found ourselves, our sound.

Peyote Picnic was released in 1993. A collection of monstrously digable tunes, heavy on

the edges deep in the middle, and single-handedly responsible for the mass hysteria

which followed.

In 1994 the band recorded two last tracks Long Way Home and Confessions

which were also never released. In 1995 Stalker spilt up.

Mark went on to other projects, writing and recording. He continues to perform live in

the NY, NJ area. You can catch Marky Mark & The Love Hi-Jackers every week.

Andy, Angelo, Martin and Ruy formed The Insaints and The Fedz. They wrote and

recorded dozens of songs at their studio TRG Recording in West Paterson New Jersey

which housed the likes of Christina Aguilera, Producer Warren Riker (The

Fugees),Catch 22 and many others.

Andy aka Ando is the lead guitar player in Kokolo Afrobeat Orchestra. He has recently

finished mixing the new Kokolo Album, Love International. Catch Ando and Kokolo on

tour.

You can also catch Andy and Marin fronting their own 7 piece Reggae Band- Smoove.

"St. James could alter the face of hard rock and metal!" ... yeah, I bet they will :rofl2:

I heard of a few of these... BRIAR was a British metal band, they released a couple of albums in the mid/late 80s. I remember seeing magazine ads for their "Crown of Thorns" release. Never actually heard the band tho.

Crown%20of%20Thorns.jpg

Side note: Worst. Album cover. EVER.

RU Ready was an early 90s hair band that was supposed to release an album via MCA but it got shelved at the last minute and was never released.

The only reason I still remember the name is cuz when I was writing about music for my college newspaper, their label sent me a 3 song demo/sampler tape and their press kit. (which I no longer have)...by the time their package reached me I was about a week away from graduating so I never had the chance to write anything about them. I think one or more of the guys in the band wound up in the industrial band Psychotica.

Dave (Manicego) might know more about 'em, I believe he was talking about them on Facebook a while ago.

Ignorance was a British band who, for some ungodly reason, thought it would be a neat idea to cross pollinate funk with thrash metal. Ummm.... nope. I picked up one of their CDs (I believe it was called "The Confident Rat") in a bargain bin years ago, listened to it once, and got rid of it as quickly as possible. Imagine if Testament and the Red Hot Chili Peppers got into a van accident. Totally unlistenable crap.

Thanks for the info man!! I remember that Briar cover now!!

I want to hear the RU Ready.

History of the band Stalker taken from their Youtube page.The band formed in September 1988 and recorded Volume 1 one month later. It wasjust a demo, more like a reaction than a complete thought. It was released in Februaryof 1989 and went on to sell 10,000 copies worldwide. At the time things were happeningfast. We were courted by MCA Records, Tom Whalley @ Interscope Records, VinnyVincent and countless others. Surprised by success, we confronted it head on. Wewanted to do something about it. We toured across the United States.We appeared regularly in magazines across the world including, Rip, Powerline, MetalEdge, Live Wire, Japans Burrn and Italy s Fireball. Fans were writing from Malaysia,Holland, Romania, Brazil, Japan and Australia. We even received a letter from a fan inIndonesia who had heard us on the radio there, and had purchased a tape on the blackmarket. The same thing happened in the U.S.S.R. A friend of mine, Andy recalls,stationed in Spain, in the Navy, told me about the day his roommate showed up with acassette of a hot new band. He had just purchased it because everyone on his ship lovedit. My friend recognized my picture on the cover. His shipmate had just picked upStalkers Volume 1.In 1991 we went back into the studio with producer Dave Durr (Eventide Harmonizer)and recorded Last Laugh and Find A Way. The songs were never released but they wereheavily shopped once again.Ahhh, the sweet smell of success! We loved it, it loved us. After three tours in just asmany years we were ready to release our first album, we had found ourselves, our sound.Peyote Picnic was released in 1993. A collection of monstrously digable tunes, heavy onthe edges deep in the middle, and single-handedly responsible for the mass hysteriawhich followed.In 1994 the band recorded two last tracks Long Way Home and Confessionswhich were also never released. In 1995 Stalker spilt up.Mark went on to other projects, writing and recording. He continues to perform live inthe NY, NJ area. You can catch Marky Mark & The Love Hi-Jackers every week.Andy, Angelo, Martin and Ruy formed The Insaints and The Fedz. They wrote andrecorded dozens of songs at their studio TRG Recording in West Paterson New Jerseywhich housed the likes of Christina Aguilera, Producer Warren Riker (TheFugees),Catch 22 and many others.Andy aka Ando is the lead guitar player in Kokolo Afrobeat Orchestra. He has recentlyfinished mixing the new Kokolo Album, Love International. Catch Ando and Kokolo ontour.You can also catch Andy and Marin fronting their own 7 piece Reggae Band- Smoove.

We need access to this! Good stuff!

St. James released two albums, that I know of......both are pretty good Bon Jovi-esque styled hard rock. I like 'em.

RU Ready was really hyped by Metal Edge back in the day as the next big thing.....and they were featured in the Rock on the Rise section, as well. Pat Briggs was their lead man....and when the deal with RU Ready went South, he formed Psychotica....and he was the lead singer for that band. Psychotica had a slight goth/industrial/synth style and had a few songs that were pretty good. I've never heard the RU Ready stuff and have been on the lookout for it every since I read about them in the Metal Edge back in '92.

Ferrari/Cold Sweat formed after KEEL decided to disband with Marc forming the band with Rory "Roy" Cathey **who is on facebook**, a singer that was in a local NC band Gibraltar. I enjoyed the Ferrari/Cold Sweat stuff....and, as someone else mentioned, went on to rename the band Sweatin' Bullets, as well. A lot of these guys can be found on fb.

One band that I've been trying to get in touch with is Roxxi. I fb'd the guitar player, but he never responded. I would LOVE to know if there was anything sitting around that didn't make the record they released. Loved that band....

RU Ready was really hyped by Metal Edge back in the day as the next big thing.....and they were featured in the Rock on the Rise section, as well. Pat Briggs was their lead man....and when the deal with RU Ready went South, he formed Psychotica....and he was the lead singer for that band. Psychotica had a slight goth/industrial/synth style and had a few songs that were pretty good. I've never heard the RU Ready stuff and have been on the lookout for it every since I read about them in the Metal Edge back in '92.

I uploaded this from demos I found from RU Ready:

http://www.filedropper.com/ruready

• My Little Pony

It might just be me, but that link doesn't bring up anything, Russ.

It's not working??

http://www.filedropper.com/ruready

Now it is. Cheers!

St. James released two albums, that I know of......both are pretty good Bon Jovi-esque styled hard rock. I like 'em.

Ferrari/Cold Sweat formed after KEEL decided to disband with Marc forming the band with Rory "Roy" Cathey **who is on facebook**, a singer that was in a local NC band Gibraltar. I enjoyed the Ferrari/Cold Sweat stuff....and, as someone else mentioned, went on to rename the band Sweatin' Bullets, as well. A lot of these guys can be found on fb.

One band that I've been trying to get in touch with is Roxxi. I fb'd the guitar player, but he never responded. I would LOVE to know if there was anything sitting around that didn't make the record they released. Loved that band....

On a side note, FNA recently released a Gibraltar CD with Rory Cathey on vocals.

• 1 year later...
Guest joanweal1954

http://wpedia.goo.ne.jp/enwiki/Stalker_(band)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZwpEnVxCe8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZwpEnVxCe8

Stalker (band) is an American hard rock band from Bloomfield, New Jersey. The band achieved moderate success in the early 1990s with Goodtime Gypsy, Last Laugh and Smooth Thing. Four of the members remain in the music industry today.

Early years

Stalker was formed in 1987 by Ruy Oliveira and Angelo Cario. The two met in fifth grade at St Francis Xavier grammar school in Newark, New Jersey. When high school came around Ruy and Angelo joined separate groups only to rejoin forces again in 1986 and adding guitarist Martin Bak. Ruy met Martin while attending Paul VI high school. The trio released Dark as the Night demo that year which quickly became a local favorite. The band was offered a record contract from independent label Azra Records when they were only 16 years old but quickly refused that offer. That demo attracted a young talented guitarist from Passaic, New Jersey Andy Averbuch, who watched the band live several times at the infamous Studio 1 in Newark, New Jersey. Andy joined the band in 1988. On the hunt for a lead vocalist they came across Mark Byrnes from Jersey City, New Jersey. Mark had his own local success with After Dark. An over the phone rendition of the Dokken classic Alone Again sealed the deal, Mark was the final piece.

Vol. 1 (first EP)

Vol. 1 (E.P)

By this point the band was building a strong local following and created a buzz by adding 2 new members. Management wanted to immediately start shopping new material and a record label showcase gig was booked at the famous Cat Club in NYC. The band started rehearsing and writing material. The very first song they wrote was Goodtime Gypsy. The band compiled 6 songs and headed right into the recording studio. Sponsored by Mike Wadleigh from his accident settlement and recorded/engineered by Dave Derr (now founder of Empirical Labs), who was an engineer on the original Eventide Harmonizer and played keys for The Hooters at some point, 'Vol.1' was born.

Upon its release in 1989 Vol. 1 was a local smash. Goodtime Gypsy was in regular rotation on Seton Hall WSOU Radio and even landed on Days of our Lives soap opera. The band auditioned in NYC for an appearance on the soap but was quickly scratched. As one of the shows producers said Ive never seen a band sweat like that before. The band started to appear in major magazines nationwide such as Rip, Powerline, Metal Edge, Live Wire, Japans 'Burrn' and Italy's 'Fireball'. Fans were writing from Malaysia, Holland, Romania, Brazil, Japan and Australia. They even received a letter from a fan in Indonesia who had heard Stalker on the radio there, and had purchased a tape on the black market. The same thing happened in the U.S.S.R. A friend of Andys recalls, stationed in Spain, in the Navy, told him about the day his roommate showed up with a cassette of a hot new band. He had just purchased it because everyone on his ship loved it. His friend recognized Andys picture on the cover. His shipmate had just picked up Stalkers Vol. 1. It was just a demo, more like a reaction than a complete thought. It was released in February 1989 and went onto sell 10,000 copies worldwide. At the time things were happening fast. They were courted by MCA Records, Tom Whalley @ Interscope Records, Vinnie Vincent of Kiss (band) and countless others. Surprised by success, they confronted it head on. They wanted to do something about it and decided to tour across the United States in order to hone their skills and to generate a national following.

In between tours they went back into the studio with producer Dave Durr in 1991 and recorded Last Laugh and Find A Way. The songs were never released but shopped heavily. Last Laugh also became a WSOU favorite.

Stalker(1991)

MCA ultimately passed in favor of another local favorite Trixter. Tom Whalley came calling but the band was on tour and had no intentions on signing with an independent label so they completely blew off the requested meeting in NYC. At the time Insterscope wasnt even on the map. The band was working its way to Los Angeles, CA for an anticipated meeting with Vinnie Vincent. Vinnie agreed to produce the next Stalker tracks after wrapping up the last Vinnie Vincent Invasion LP. The band was also offered a record deal from John Elefante from Kansas (band) and brother Dino Elefante who wanted to sign the band and eventually turn them into a Christian rock band. Ahhh, the sweet smell of success! After three tours in just as many years they were ready to release their first album.

Peyote Picnic (full length LP)

Peyote Picnic (L.P)

Stalker(1994)

'Peyote Picnic' was released in 1993. A collection of monstrously digable tunes, heavy on the edges deep in the middle. The band was booked at every major venue in NYC and New Jersey. Their press kit included this cover sheet:

Sitting down in the rehearsal room, we all looked at each other, smiling. A phat bowl was being passed around, its smoke filling up the room with a dense fog. The ritual was beginning. All five of us knew why we were there. We were going to unleash the weeks anger, frustration, dreams and experiences onto our defenseless instruments. It was all going to come out in the open, unobstructed by the inhibitions that restrain us during the day. The music was bigger than any of us. It was honest. It had many layers of meaning. It was obviously beautiful. Closing our eyes, letting it flow, it was the purpose of our lives. The most exhilarating feeling was to exist and create on the same level. We were all part of a unit, understanding each other, working towards the same goal, belonging heart and soul to the truth. The energy was like a bright light, sweet ether, enveloping us and any incidental observer in the room. As the music revealed itself, it was more obvious to all that we had to make these feelings public, record them on an album.

In 1994 the band recorded two last tracks Long Way Home and Confessions which were never released and in 1995 Stalker called it quits. With over 1 million hits on their myspace page, Stalker music still resonates.

I've got Cold Sweat's Break Out album from 1990, three Tour De Force albums and The Stream - Nothing Is Sacred (but not sure if that's the same band). The rest i've never heard of.

Anyone know the titles of the two mentioned St James albums?

I have a Stream cd called Take It Or Leave,think its the same band :unsure:

The St. James albums were called "Attitude" and "Crimes of the Heart"