I Remember You Two

nyoilers

• 2023 Gold Donors

I just started listening to Skid Row with Johnny Solinger as lead vocalist and they put this remake of the version of Bach's song on the Thickskin CD and it has to be one of the worst things I've heard.Why in hell would they introduce a new lead singer and put this version of one of their most popular songs on the first CD with him?

It's a terrible song but all three CDs in General with Solinger kick major ass!

No they don't. They suck donkey balls. "Thickskin" sucks. "RPM" sucks even more. I do think the new disc was a step in the right direction. The problem with it is, they are trying to be the Goo Goo Dolls on some of the material on "Thickskin". "RPM" is just trash. A lot of punk style tunes and even a country hick song. Just pure garbage. When a cover song is the best tune on a disc, that's a bad sign. "United World Rebellion" wasn't too bad but with only 5 songs, it's hard to judge where they are headed.

No they don't. They suck donkey balls. "Thickskin" sucks. "RPM" sucks even more. I do think the new disc was a step in the right direction. The problem with it is, they are trying to be the Goo Goo Dolls on some of the material on "Thickskin". "RPM" is just trash. A lot of punk style tunes and even a country hick song. Just pure garbage. When a cover song is the best tune on a disc, that's a bad sign. "United World Rebellion" wasn't too bad but with only 5 songs, it's hard to judge where they are headed.

Big shock but I disagree 100%. There is some heavy songs on Thickskin and some of the best ballads they have written. I certainly don't hear the fucking Goo on a girls chest Dolls.

As for RPM, it's much more straight ahead and punkish. Another Dick in the System is as good a song they have ever written.

Big shock but I disagree 100%. There is some heavy songs on Thickskin and some of the best ballads they have written. I certainly don't hear the fucking Goo on a girls chest Dolls.

As for RPM, it's much more straight ahead and punkish. Another Dick in the System is as good a song they have ever written.

Sorry dude. I hate that damn song. I hate everything off that disc and I've tried multiple times to give that disc a chance. I just don't like it one bit.

Haha... from the main site, our own whiplash1972 also hears the Goo Goo Dolls when listening to Thickskin:

From: Whiplash1972 Date: August 18, 2003 at 17:56 First let me say that I like this release. 2nd, let me say that I like Jonny Solinger's vocals...while he's no Bas, he's good.The thing I don't like about this cd is that the Skids seem to have no idea whether they wanna sound like a Slave/Subhuman version of their old selves, or if they wanna sound like the Goo Goo Dolls!(no, I'm not kidding) The funny thing is, I like the lighter stuff better.'Ghost' is excellent;'Born a Beggar','See You Around',and 'One Light' are also very good, and are ...

Heavy Harmonies Volunteer From: Whiplash1972 Date: August 18, 2003 at 17:56 ...very 'Goo Goo-ish'. I just think Solinger does the lighter fare better.Don't get me wrong,there are some good, hard rockers as well, with 'Lamb' being my favorite, followed by 'Thick is the Skin' and 'New Generation'. This is a good release, but it may confuse some of the longtime fans who wanted a sound similar to 'Slave to the Grind'. Again, a good release, but just a tad on the eclectic side.

Haha... from the main site, our own whiplash1972 also hears the Goo Goo Dolls when listening to Thickskin:

Date: August 18, 2003 at 17:56

First let me say that I like this release. 2nd, let me say that I like Jonny Solinger's vocals...while he's no Bas, he's good.The thing I don't like about this cd is that the Skids seem to have no idea whether they wanna sound like a Slave/Subhuman version of their old selves, or if they wanna sound like the Goo Goo Dolls!(no, I'm not kidding) The funny thing is, I like the lighter stuff better.'Ghost' is excellent;'Born a Beggar','See You Around',and 'One Light' are also very good, and are ...

Heavy Harmonies Volunteer

Date: August 18, 2003 at 17:56

...very 'Goo Goo-ish'. I just think Solinger does the lighter fare better.Don't get me wrong,there are some good, hard rockers as well, with 'Lamb' being my favorite, followed by 'Thick is the Skin' and 'New Generation'. This is a good release, but it may confuse some of the longtime fans who wanted a sound similar to 'Slave to the Grind'. Again, a good release, but just a tad on the eclectic side.

That don't mean I hear it ;)

First let me say that I like this release. 2nd, let me say that I like Jonny Solinger's vocals...while he's no Bas, he's good.The thing I don't like about this cd is that the Skids seem to have no idea whether they wanna sound like a Slave/Subhuman version of their old selves, or if they wanna sound like the Goo Goo Dolls!(no, I'm not kidding) The funny thing is, I like the lighter stuff better.'Ghost' is excellent;'Born a Beggar','See You Around',and 'One Light' are also very good, and are ...Heavy Harmonies VolunteerFrom: Whiplash1972Date: August 18, 2003 at 17:56

...very 'Goo Goo-ish'. I just think Solinger does the lighter fare better.Don't get me wrong,there are some good, hard rockers as well, with 'Lamb' being my favorite, followed by 'Thick is the Skin' and 'New Generation'. This is a good release, but it may confuse some of the longtime fans who wanted a sound similar to 'Slave to the Grind'. Again, a good release, but just a tad on the eclectic side.

That don't mean I hear it ;)

Also seems he liked it ;)

Put me in the category of those who are not big fans of the newer Skid Row releases. Even if they were no longer called Skid Row and put them out I just can't find but a song or two that I like. When I think of the newer releases I think of noise, not music.

I'll stay out of the Goo Goo Dolls war.

Oh, and as for the actual point of this post....I agree, pretty stupid song. I Remember You is a classic of classics, no need for a part 2 no matter who is on lead vox.

It's like Indiana Jones 4...I just try to pretend it doesn't exist.

And I'll actually say, I do like a few songs off of "Thickskin". It's not the worse release ever but it's got some kind of alterna-nu metal sound to it that I don't like. I do like "Ghost" and "One Light". A few of the heavier songs are okay too. "Swallow Me" is okay. So is "Down From Underground".

Skid Row just set the bar so high with STTG and SHR. This isn't even in the same ballpark.

this is from Andrew's review on melodicrock:

Skid Row have updated their sound big time. While this remains a rocky and mostly uptempo album, the overall sound is more in tune with (heavier) Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox 20, than Slave To The Grind era Skids.

this is from Andrew's review on melodicrock:

Skid Row have updated their sound big time. While this remains a rocky and mostly uptempo album, the overall sound is more in tune with (heavier) Goo Goo Dolls and Matchbox 20, than Slave To The Grind era Skids.

And I disagree...still :)

I listened to the whole Skid Row discography this week. My thoughts:

S/T -- 98%

Slave To The Grind -- 100%

Subhuman Race -- 100%

Thickskin -- 90%

RPM -- 85%

United World Rebellion -- 75%

Perfect man! You hit the nail right on the head! ;)

S/T -- 92%

Subhuman Race -- 85%

Thickskin -- 75%

RPM -- 65%

United World Rebellion -- 80%

I'm glad we finally agree or something. :whistle:

• My Little Pony

S/T -- Essential

Slave To The Grind -- Perfection

Subhuman Race -- Pass

Thickskin -- Pass

RPM -- Puke

United World Rebellion -- Not interested

You two are getting along well.

S/T -- 92%

Subhuman Race -- 85%

Thickskin -- 75%

RPM -- 65%

United World Rebellion -- 80%

It's all out of love brother ;)

S/T -- Essential

Slave To The Grind -- Perfection

Subhuman Race -- Pass

Thickskin -- Pass

RPM -- Puke

United World Rebellion -- Not interested

You two are getting along well.

Lol...and thank God everyone is different. Otherwise what is there to talk about and discuss right? I got no beef with anybody on the board. I think over the years everyone just kind of knows I have opinions...sometimes strong ones and they just put up with them :)

• 2023 Gold Donors

I just listened to RPM and gotta agree with AlphaMale on this one.Strength is the best song on the CD.I don't know if this is the right word but quite a few of the songs seem like novelty songs.