Nordic Beast - a new 'supergroup'

Stefan

1451530_241419996020341_449655755_n.jpg

The question is: will they also record their music?

From Facebook:

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:NORDIC ROCK GIANTS FORM NEW BAND - NORDIC BEAST!

Mikkey Dee (Motörhead), John Norum (Europe), Åge Sten Nilsen (Wigwam), Hal Patino (King Diamond) and Mic Michaeli (Europe) in the same band? To Hardrock fans all over the world it may seem like an unrealistic dream. But have we got new for you. All parties have now confirmed the new collaboration, and the dream team has already made their first ever concert announcement. January 31 2014 NORDIC BEAST will be unleashed at Rockefeller Music Hall in Oslo, Norway.

NORDIC BEAST insists that their newly formed band will not interfere with their main bands activities. But doesn't rule out that NORDIC BEAST will write original material at some point. Until then the band will offer a kick ass live set containing the very best from their individual careers with Motörhead, Europe, Wig Wam, Dokken, John Norum Solo, King Diamond and a lot more.

NORDIC BEAST are:

MIKKEY DEE (Motörhead) - Drums

JOHN NORUM (Europe) - Guitars

HAL PATINO (King Diamond) - Bass

ÅGE STEN NILSEN (Wig Wam) - Vocals

MIC MICHAELI (Europe) - Keyboards

I know that Erik Martensson has been writing songs with Åge Sten but I'm not sure if it was for this project, but if it is, this can be really interesting.

Is Wig Wam no more?

Odd mix, and I gotta say, it does nothing for me. If Norum's going to take in his recent form from Europe, the band's ruined before it even starts... That said, I hope they prove me wrong and record some good tunes.

• My Little Pony

Odd mix, and I gotta say, it does nothing for me. If Norum's going to take in his recent form from Europe, the band's ruined before it even starts... That said, I hope they prove me wrong and record some good tunes.

This is what I said to my brother. But, yeah, please prove me wrong. Also, it's about time these Scandinavians come up with a great band name. "Nordic Beast" is awesome!

WigWam is still in the game, but either they were writing for a solo album and that's most likely or it was for this but this group seems to do old stuff all over again.

Just wondering because of this and Baby Snakes thing.

• 2 months later...

Oh thanks! I should maybe give Wig Wam a listen. Sounded good!

I wish I could discover that debut Wig Wam CD for the first time again. Check it out and enjoy!!!

• My Little Pony

Still not sure what the point of this band is. Aren't all their respective outfits still touring? So why form a supergroup just to perform songs you're already performing with said bands? Just put out some original material.

As for the clip above, it's good, but no one can touch Mr. Glenn Hughes.