G-OFF

Leykis101

Are you familiar with Heroes For Hire, or Amber Pacific? if not I will make you familiar.

Yep, very familiar with both. Heroes For Hire are my favourite Aussie band at the moment. Their 'Life of the party' CD is a modern rock gem, and the other two are killer releases. Really great band. Their musicality and super tight musicianship sometimes reminds me of Cauterize. They have that killer multiple guitar sound at times, and I love it.

Amber Pacific have had a mixed run of it. Their debut, 'The possibility and the promise' is their best CD, despite the vocalist. Their 2nd CD is solid, with only a couple of really good songs. But their last CD, 'Virtues,' with the new vocalist, was some very nice commercial modern rock. Good disc.

Yep, very familiar with both. Heroes For Hire are my favourite Aussie band at the moment. Their 'Life of the party' CD is a modern rock gem, and the other two are killer releases. Really great band. Their musicality and super tight musicianship sometimes reminds me of Cauterize. They have that killer multiple guitar sound at times, and I love it.

Amber Pacific have had a mixed run of it. Their debut, 'The possibility and the promise' is their best CD, despite the vocalist. Their 2nd CD is solid, with only a couple of really good songs. But their last CD, 'Virtues,' with the new vocalist, was some very nice commercial modern rock. Good disc.

Let me put it like this, as far as any of these new groups go, I have a pinnacle theory, much like Blue Tears is the album I match all over produced albums against, Cauterize and Hit The Lights are the best two new groups I place everyone else against, am I off here? are there better bands then these 2 or am I safe to assume im comparing correctly? are there ANY!! bands that are of this caliber and I mean it? these 2 bands are very very unique and talented, I want a band of this caliber so tell me Geoff, who am I looking for?

• My Little Pony

Let me put it like this, as far as any of these new groups go, I have a pinnacle theory, much like Blue Tears is the album I match all over produced albums against, Cauterize and Hit The Lights are the best two new groups I place everyone else against, am I off here? are there better bands then these 2 or am I safe to assume im comparing correctly? are there ANY!! bands that are of this caliber and I mean it? these 2 bands are very very unique and talented, I want a band of this caliber so tell me Geoff, who am I looking for?

The Classic Crime get my vote. "The Silver Cord" is one of my most-played discs. Though they may not compare perfectly in style.

Oh man Cody, I wish you read my posts. ;) There are many albums you MUST hear. Hit The Lights are excellent (including their first two albums, before 'Invicta') but there are actually plenty of albums better than that, great as it is. A few of the absolute best:

Boys Like Girls - 'Love Drunk'

Change of Pace - 'Prepare The Masses'

Yellowcard - 'Paper Walls'

Just Surrender - any of their CDs. Not perfect, but you'll love what these guys do in general

If you like the style of bands you mentioned above, try I Call Fives and Handguns - both bands released very strong CDs in 2012. Man it's too late to think of all the excellent modern rock discs. You have these:

Story Of The Year - 'In the wake of determination'

Disciple - 'Scars Remain'

Hinder - 'Take It To The Limit'

Seriously, every single CD I have mentioned here is an absolute must. You'll marry the Change of Pace CD especially, I reckon. And Boys Like Girls. Let me know what you think.

For the record, here's one of my favourite Hit The Lights songs, when they were more pop punk, before the latest CD (don't spurt to much love lotion over the girl in the clip):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_38m-w4v2VM

I just thought of something super. Just read my first post in this thread and make sure you own every single CD I mention. Each one will please you:

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=24057&hl=modern

And if you page down just a tad further you will see the correct top 20 ;-) although in fairness both Destine albums now deserve a place in that top 20.

I got all the Hit The Lights, my favorite by far is Skip School, what an intro huh? okay, Im going down to Graywhale right now, and im buying every cd you have listed right here that they have in stock, so I hope your right??? if not im going to eat myself for dinner, as I will no doubt not resell them for 2 dollars a piece a will just throw them in bonfire pit and throw in some M80's, im leaving now, as soon as I finish writing them down,

Oh thank god, ive got Butch Walker, and Marvelous 3, that will save me 5 bucks, and dude, I dont know how you cant be just fucking off your rocker over that new Red disc, dude it's so far and above anything else they did, that guitarist is cool, he comes up with some simple but fucking cool riffs, tell me that riff on Release The Panic isnt just cool?

And if you page down just a tad further you will see the correct top 20 ;-) although in fairness both Destine albums now deserve a place in that top 20.

What, you mean by the guy who put a Puddle of Crudd CD is his list? ;) Nah, for the most part it is a pretty sweet list, even if I rate that Lesperance disc probably about 20% less than you (not even on the same page as most quality modern rock discs), and I'm also not taken by Bulletproof Messenger anywhere near as much either. But a good list, nonetheless.

Oh thank god, ive got Butch Walker, and Marvelous 3, that will save me 5 bucks, and dude, I dont know how you cant be just fucking off your rocker over that new Red disc, dude it's so far and above anything else they did, that guitarist is cool, he comes up with some simple but fucking cool riffs, tell me that riff on Release The Panic isnt just cool?

The Red disc is very good - they all are. A very good, consistent band. I don't get quite as excited about them as other more uptempo bands, but they're very good.

I got all the Hit The Lights, my favorite by far is Skip School, what an intro huh? okay, Im going down to Graywhale right now, and im buying every cd you have listed right here that they have in stock, so I hope your right??? if not im going to eat myself for dinner, as I will no doubt not resell them for 2 dollars a piece a will just throw them in bonfire pit and throw in some M80's, im leaving now, as soon as I finish writing them down,

Yeah, 'Skip School Start Fights' is a killer disc. Possibly my fave too. All three are great. Very cool band, and they way they have evolved is a delight to see.

Seriously, I 100% guarantee every CD I name in those lists. You'll love them close to as much as I do. A sneaky one I saw down the bottom of my list is the Jamisonparker disc. A bit more mellow than the rest, but a classic, imo. Have you heard the best song ever recorded?:

I think I explained myself pretty clearly at the time that (Puddle Of Mudd) was left in for nostalgia.......I do still really love that debut, but truth be told if I rated it out it would would probably only score around 75% lol. So in reality it shouldnt really be there.....certainly the 2 Destine albums destroy it.

As for the Lesperance disc, its great...of course. Doesnt everybody love that album? No filler for me......my only concern now is whether it is truly modern rock or not??

BM - great album, still love it. Whether it may have slipped a few places....yeah maybe. That Anberlin has slipped a few places for sure.

Yeah, I think I remember the POM discussion maybe... sorry, didn't read thread again this time. Definitely not a band for me. ;)

I'm sure everyone does love the Lesperance disc. I think it's good, but I do think there are fillers on it, and I'm also not sure I'd categorize it as "modern" rock. Whatever it is, I like it, but I like a lot of albums more.

Yeah, I think I remember the POM discussion maybe... sorry, didn't read thread again this time. Definitely not a band for me. ;)

I'm sure everyone does love the Lesperance disc. I think it's good, but I do think there are fillers on it, and I'm also not sure I'd categorize it as "modern" rock. Whatever it is, I like it, but I like a lot of albums more.

Well......

A. its got great vocals.....not those horrible boy band vocals which destroy most modern rock for me these days

B. its brilliantly played and produced, as you'd expect

C. There's hooks a plenty.

One of the these days I'll have to rate it out but its got to be a 90% er for me...................it's probably not modern tho lol.

POM's debut was a good disc, at the time it was original, Lesperance disc didnt do it for me, I just never could get into it, but POM was good for it's time, it was absolutely the only thing good they did, as their releases after it I thought fucking blew,

I just thought of something super. Just read my first post in this thread and make sure you own every single CD I mention. Each one will please you:

http://heavyharmonie...24057&hl=modern

I took your advise on all of these discs a few years ago now. I gradually picked up every one of them. Glad I did because there isn't a bad disc on that list!

Man, did you manage to pick up any of the releases I recommended you get?

Order them all here for about $1 each so we can talk about their beauty:

http://www.secondspin.com/

Don't tease Cody cos most of em will cost about $5 and a few won't even be on there ;-)

Haha, yeah, you basically need to go to the end of the world to track down a copy of the Silly Fools disc, but every bit of struggle is worth the end result. But the rest of them should be there around that $5.00 mark.

Glad you got some joy out of that list, Justin. I know I toss around a bit on this forum, but most my modern rock ramblings are genuinely trying to pass excellent bands onto hard rock fans.

I know these bands and I love these bands so it's good times for me, regardless. It does make me happy, though, when I can pass this joy onto others.

I got the ones they had at the Graywhale CD by my house, I couldnt spend more then $400 and there are alot of discs on that list bro, I just basically had the dude stand there and punch each one into the computer, instead of going and physically looking through each one, but I got a nice big stack, not even close to everything, but I have a lot of listening to do, then I figure I will go back down in a couple weeks, and have him punch in the other half of the list, I kept a list of all the ones they dont have, see the cool thing about Graywhale, is their entire inventory is tied into one main list, so if they had a cd at another one of their stores, they will send it to the one by my house for free, and it only takes 3 days to get there, so there were a bunch a had to have them send to this store, but I will not be able to get all of those discs this time, even the ones I can get, so I will put up a list of what I have, I am waiting until Monday when the ones get here from the other stores, so you will know exactly what I bought, cool, goddamn Geoff, I just hope you havent fucked me off, I basically just jumped off a cliff because you told me to so to speak, you understand how much trust ive put into the fact that we basically have liked every single song by every single band the same right? nobody else anywhere has ever liked all the same shit I did, and thats what ive put on this, so I hope your right, and this isnt a bunch of shitty QUEER(oops theres that Q word again) no talent having shit bands, I guess we shall soon see.

Rest easy man the list is cool (except Cauterise lol)

Oh ive got those, thats actually how me and Geoff met, I believe, when I got on here and started rambling on about this band i heard that was going to demolish the American air waves, boy was I ever wrong about that, those guys got fucked in the ass, not only without the courtesy reach around, the didnt even get spit as lube

Cauterize = goat (goat = greatest of all time). Seriously love every band in that list, but none touch Cauterize, I admit honestly.

Are you getting good deals on these discs, Cody? Not because they won't be worth whatever you pay for them, but a lot of them should be able to be found at pretty sweet prices. If you have any issues, check out the secondspin.com site. And when it's all said and done and you can't find the Silly Fools disc, let me know and I'll MP3 it up for you.

And Glen, that is brilliant news about the new Adelitas Way disc. Feared they might call it a day after what I'm sure was a lacklustre response to their excellent debut. But glad to see they stuck at it to get a second disc out. Truly cannot wait to hear it.

Cauterize = goat (goat = greatest of all time). Seriously love every band in that list, but none touch Cauterize, I admit honestly.

Are you getting good deals on these discs, Cody? Not because they won't be worth whatever you pay for them, but a lot of them should be able to be found at pretty sweet prices. If you have any issues, check out the secondspin.com site. And when it's all said and done and you can't find the Silly Fools disc, let me know and I'll MP3 it up for you.

And Glen, that is brilliant news about the new Adelitas Way disc. Feared they might call it a day after what I'm sure was a lacklustre response to their excellent debut. But glad to see they stuck at it to get a second disc out. Truly cannot wait to hear it.

This is their 3rd mate. Excellent debut & equally excellent Home School Valedictorian.

I truly believe they have an album in them to rival TITTL. Let's hope this is it!

This is their 3rd mate. Excellent debut & equally excellent Home School Valedictorian.

I truly believe they have an album in them to rival TITTL. Let's hope this is it!

Oh dear, what a stupid moment. Correct you are. How'd I forget that? Yeah great debut, but imo even better 2nd disc. Not sure they could rival 'TITTL' but I'd sure as hell love to hear them give it a fair crack. Love this band.