MIKE RUOCCO (Cinder Road)

LV KIX

For those of you wondering what happened to the band Cinder Road.. This is what Mike, the vocalist , has been up to. Some of you may notice that Dean Crammer from Funny Money and Goodbye Thrill is playing guitar with Mike.

For those of you wondering what happened to the band Cinder Road

Funny this comes up, cuz I was lookin thru a pile of CDs in my local rinky-dink thrift store just yesterday and found a Cinder Road disc. Should I have picked it up?

Taken from the excellent 'The Rise. The Ride. The Risk' album from last year, which I didn't think anyone actually acknowledged. Despite it being an album mostly consisting of re-recorded material, I threw an 84% at this disc and it was one of my faves of the year.

Taken from the excellent 'The Rise. The Ride. The Risk' album from last year, which I didn't think anyone actually acknowledged. Despite it being an album mostly consisting of re-recorded material, I threw an 84% at this disc and it was one of my faves of the year.

The new release will be full of his brand new songs with the typical Cinder Roadish hooks. Should be a decent release.

The new release will be full of his brand new songs with the typical Cinder Roadish hooks. Should be a decent release.

A new release? Nice. When's that one due?

Yes Fat Freddy. Very good disc.

The debut is AMAZING! The second cd was good but not great.

Odd perspective. I believe I found them to be basically on par with each other. Could be wrong, thought. It's been a while...

A new release? Nice. When's that one due?

Yes Fat Freddy. Very good disc.

The debut is AMAZING! The second cd was good but not great.

Odd perspective. I believe I found them to be basically on par with each other. Could be wrong, thought. It's been a while...

Could be the way I found them. They opened for Tesla at Pops in St. louis and were amazing so I decided to buy their album. I bet I have spun it 200 times easy. I had very high hopes for the follow up and sadly it just sounded like the besides left over from the debut. I have spun it maybe 3 times. Hell i don't even own it anymore....

OK, so based on the love Cinder Road is getting in this here thread, I went back to that thrift store and picked up Cinder Road's Superhuman yesterday. Aaaaaand after a couple of spins... not really diggin' it. Too Goo Goo Dolls for me. Oh well. It was only a buck.

OK, so based on the love Cinder Road is getting in this here thread, I went back to that thrift store and picked up Cinder Road's Superhuman yesterday. Aaaaaand after a couple of spins... not really diggin' it. Too Goo Goo Dolls for me. Oh well. It was only a buck.

I didn't think it would be your cup of tea..err, beer. ;)

Meh, it was cheap 'n' I was jonesin' cuz I hadn't bought a single damn CD thus far in 2013, so I figured I had nothin' to lose.

Meh, it was cheap 'n' I was jonesin' cuz I hadn't bought a single damn CD thus far in 2013, so I figured I had nothin' to lose.

Gotcha, oh well not much lost then. I figure you will be picking up the new Helloween so that might make you feel better :)

Gotcha, oh well not much lost then. I figure you will be picking up the new Helloween so that might make you feel better :)

That's on the never-ending shopping list but Lord only knows when I'll get to it. I haven't even gotten the last Helloween album yet. :D