Rage Of Angels - Dreamworld

Glen

Hard not to be excited after reading that. However, I have seen a lot of very over the top reviews for some very average albums in "our" genre lately... Hope this one's on the money. :)

Just check out the samples on HH website, this one has potential to rise and some extremely premature rating based on 1 minutes track :D

the first track is quite lengthy in intro, but sounds quite good - 7.5/10

See You Walking By - beautiful gem - this one with Harry Hess, the chorus is pure magic - 9/10

Through It All - good rockin' stuff - 7.5/10

Over and Over - definitely better than the new Tyketto, very nice melodic rocker - 8.5/10

Falling - good uptempo rocker with Ralf Scheepers - 7/10

The Beating of Your Heart - slow ballad stuff, not bad, nice vocal, but maybe too lengthy - 7.5/10

Spinnin Wheel - almost 8 minutes with Vaughn, pretty average I must say - 6.5/10

Requiem for The Forgotten Soldier - 6 minutes of instrumental galore or maybe there's a vocal but nothing on the samples, definitely not for everyone - 6.5/10

We Live, We Breathe, We Die - and this one is the longest track, almost 9 minutes, not very sure whether it's going to be uptempo stuff or mostly ballad, but let's settle a 7/10 for now

looks like many songs are clocking at around 6 - 8 minutes, so unless they have some significant non-repetitive instrumental solos, the whole album might be better, but could be a 70% type of stuff. Will check out the complete samples later as soon as it's available and revisit this thread

looks like many songs are clocking at around 6 - 8 minutes

Sad as it is, this has basically ended the anticipation I was viewing this album with. I can't express how much unwarranted long songs piss me off. If there's a point in them being that long, I'll eat my balls, but I'm betting there won't be. Only long song I've ever heard that was worth it's running time is 'Song and emotion' by Tesla. And maybe 'Smoke and shadows' by Vain. Any other song clocking near or over 6mins could easily have been shortened by a minute at least, thus improving the song. I know it's a massive blanket statement, but I pretty much believe it.

Sad as it is, this has basically ended the anticipation I was viewing this album with. I can't express how much unwarranted long songs piss me off. If there's a point in them being that long, I'll eat my balls, but I'm betting there won't be. Only long song I've ever heard that was worth it's running time is 'Song and emotion' by Tesla. And maybe 'Smoke and shadows' by Vain. Any other song clocking near or over 6mins could easily have been shortened by a minute at least, thus improving the song. I know it's a massive blanket statement, but I pretty much believe it.

as usual a very blinkered view from a non-prog fan.

By all means say YOU dont like it, but dont label a band wrong for the type of song they choose to record.

I know literally 100s of songs clocking over 6 minutes which are awesome and totally warrant their running time.

What I will agree with is a band who choose to record a 'non prog' song - ie verse / chorus / verse / chorus / solo / outro, but then keep repeating the chorus over and over and over til you are bored senseless.

That IS boring and wrong, but completely different.

By all means say YOU dont like it, but dont label a band wrong for the type of song they choose to record.

I know literally 100s of songs clocking over 6 minutes which are awesome and totally warrant their running time.

What I will agree with is a band who choose to record a 'non prog' song - ie verse / chorus / verse / chorus / solo / outro, but then keep repeating the chorus over and over and over til you are bored senseless.

Is this a prog disc? If so, I guess I can see why it's happening - I still hate it just as much and will never make a secret of the fact I despise prog - but I "get" why the songs are long in that case, I guess. But I didn't think this was meant to be a prog disc?

Is this a prog disc? If so, I guess I can see why it's happening - I still hate it just as much and will never make a secret of the fact I despise prog - but I "get" why the songs are long in that case, I guess. But I didn't think this was meant to be a prog disc?

Well as I said if it isnt 'progressive' in some way then yeah it will be shit, cos there will over repetitive choruses etc.

I see it being longer instrumental breaks etc, which could be great if they fit the song.

We will see.

Perhaps Dan can shed some light as he has obviously heard the whole thing??

Well as I said if it isnt 'progressive' in some way then yeah it will be shit, cos there will over repetitive choruses etc.

I see it being longer instrumental breaks etc, which could be great if they fit the song.

We will see.

Perhaps Dan can shed some light as he has obviously heard the whole thing??

I'm not a big prog fan at all, and also don't care for songs that are to long when they don't really need to be.