Angelica (The Murder Of My Sweet) - Thrive

Stefan

Angelica Rylin of The Murder Of My Sweet is working on a solo album to be released on Frontiers Records in 2013. Check out the people involved. This should be good!

angelica.jpg

"An exciting new AOR music star is born: Swedish singer Angelica Rylin (The Murder of My Sweet) has decided to pursue her childhood dream and thus started recording an all Melodic Rock album affair under the direction of Daniel Flores on the production. "I always wanted to record an album like this" says Angelica, "my childhood heroes were Robin Beck, Ann Wilson of Heart, Leigh Matty of Romeo's Daughter".

Some Melodic Rock songwriting luminaries worked hard to create the magic harmonies and music that will be displayed on Angelica's debut album. "Harry Hess, Daniel Flores, Robert Sall and Anders Wigelius all contributed" continues Angelica and some excellent guitarists such as Jesper Stromblad (In Flames), Magnus Karlsson (Primal Fear), Per Berquist (Smash Into Pieces) also appear on the album. There is also a very special performance by keyboardist Matt Guillory (James LaBrie). "This being my first solo record I now have the chance to show you another side of me. This is the next chapter, I hope you'll follow!" concludes Angelica."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WOLHjm7ocY

Holy shit, that sounds fantastic. Almost didn't open this thread because don't Murder of my Sweet completely suck? If the rest of this CD sounds as good as that track my penis will extend... as it would watching her in the studio all day too. Nice chest.

Holy shit, that sounds fantastic. Almost didn't open this thread because don't Murder of my Sweet completely suck? If the rest of this CD sounds as good as that track my penis will extend... as it would watching her in the studio all day too. Nice chest.

Agree!

• 10 months later...

The new album is called 'Thrive' (out November 29th) and the new single 'Breaking My Heart'.

Tracklist:

Breaking My Heart

I Am Strong

To Your Rescue

Can't Stop Love

Nothing Else You Can Break

Riding Out The Storm

Rain On My Parade

Losers In Paradise

You Will Never Win

This Kiss Is Just For You

I'm Not Waiting

Take Me To Your Heart

Breaking My Heart (bonus videoclip)

Yeah, I'll be looking out for this ... I like Murder Of My Sweet, so it'll be interesting to see how this matches up :)

• 1 month later...

The new single:

WTF??!!?!?!?!?!?!?! This was uploaded to youtube in April already!!!!!!!

The new single:

WTF??!!?!?!?!?!?!?! This was uploaded to youtube in April already!!!!!!!

Are you sure? I saw a short video promo for it, that's all.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a damned good disc and a bit of a late arrival for my consideration for my final best of 2013. Haven't decided where or if it makes it in there yet, as I need to play it a bit more, but the best track on here for me is the excellent 'Nothing Else You Can Break' and the ballad 'Losers In Paradise', but there are some other goodies as well.

This is a damned good disc and a bit of a late arrival for my consideration for my final best of 2013. Haven't decided where or if it makes it in there yet, as I need to play it a bit more, but the best track on here for me is the excellent 'Nothing Else You Can Break' and the ballad 'Losers In Paradise', but there are some other goodies as well.

Jez, you took the words right out of my mouth! lol Nothing Else You Can Break is my favorite on this.