Nightwish loses singer - again

Stefan

So it happened again, Nighwish loses their singer. Anette issued a statement that she quit the band.

Anette was hospitalized during their american tour and the singers from the warm up band Kamelot (Elise and Alica) handled the vocals in Denver. Anette was upset 'cause she wasn't told or asked 'bout it.

Was this the reason for quitting? Maybe, maybe not. It appears there was some indifferences before, so who knows...

Nightwish however won't quit the tour so Floor Jansen will take over the mic. Floor Jansen from Holland was the voice in After Forever and ReVamp. If she will stay permanently, only time will tell.

All kudos to Anette and Floor but the real and true Nightwish is the Tarja fronted Nightwish. Period.

All kudos to Anette and Floor but the real and true Nightwish is the Tarja fronted Nightwish. Period.

Agree. Tarja has a better voice and is completely stunning too.

Not quite the same finale as Tarja's last performance (End of an Era) in Finland. I know Annette was not feeling well, but her last show which was in Salt Lake City was not her best. I saw Nightwish live in Phoenix a few years back and the other night was a complete train wreck in comparison. It would be great to see Nightwish mend the void with Traja, but I would not recommend holding one's breath for it.

If Floor Jansen takes up the mic permanently, I'll be a happy man - love Nightwish, love After Forever/Re-Vamp ... and, sorry JimBob, Floor is far easier on the eye than either Tarja or Annette :)

If Floor Jansen takes up the mic permanently, I'll be a happy man - love Nightwish, love After Forever/Re-Vamp ... and, sorry JimBob, Floor is far easier on the eye than either Tarja or Annette :)

That may be but she ain't got the pipes like Tarja....

Not a major surprise to be honest. Anette did a great job (in the studio especially) over the 2 discs she did, 'Dark Passion Play' being probably Nightwish's best album. Tarja would be great back in but I sincerely doubt it.

• 4 weeks later...

After the split with Tarja I thought the material went massively downhill so whilst I feel bad for Anette who is a good talent I hope this give the band a kick up the ass.

No, no, NO!

Sorry back mate...

600full-tarja-turunen.jpg

>>>>>>

floorjansen.jpg

No contest!!!

No, no, NO!

Sorry back mate...

600full-tarja-turunen.jpg

>>>>>>

floorjansen.jpg

No contest!!!

Absolutely NO contest Tarja :wub:

Good man. She is stunning. I presume Gibbo has seen the error of his ways, hence the lack of a retraction...

:whistle:

That may be but she ain't got the pipes like Tarja....

Nah, Tarja's voice is far too operatic for my liking ... sometimes she could do with reigning it in a bit ...

Good man. She is stunning. I presume Gibbo has seen the error of his ways, hence the lack of a retraction...

Sorry, I've been busy ... if you give me a minute, I'm sure that I can also find two pictures that support MY argument and refute yours ... *chuckle* ...

Sorry, I've been busy ... if you give me a minute, I'm sure that I can also find two pictures that support MY argument and refute yours ... *chuckle* ...

Ooh, go on then. I tried, but I couldn't find one of Floor that induced so much as a minor twitch...

:D

(Although she does remind me a bit of that Stacey you used to knock around with ... maybe that explains it ... :whistle: )

Ooh, go on then. I tried, but I couldn't find one of Floor that induced so much as a minor twitch...

(Although she does remind me a bit of that Stacey you used to knock around with ... maybe that explains it ... :whistle: )

Easy, tiger :)

• My Little Pony

Easy, tiger :)

Ha! Erm. *cough* *cough* *cough*

*sigh* Eh. Carry on.