JULIAN ANGEL'S BEAUTIFUL BEAST - California Suntan

zacharyamelie

Cheesy and cliched...I love it!

Sorta like Steel Panther yet nowhere near as crude. The music is pure 80's Pop Metal, nothing that can challenge Steel Panther, but good none the less.

Last year he released an album called Adult Oriented Candy, he's back with his new one called California Suntan.

http://www.beautifulbeastrock.com/

Go here brother:

"all good things come to an end: Today - Tuesday, August 7 - will be the last day the 20% discount pre-order sale will be up. Just yesterday 'California Suntan' was officially released (whatever that means) and unleashed to the rest of the world. "

You can place your order through that 'secret' pre-order page still today: http://www.beautifulbeastrock.com/secretandsospecial.html

• 4 weeks later...

Just checked this one out, and I'll say it's a great and entertaining album. Very POISON meets RATT all over, with a summer breeze nuance pasted on the music, cheerful vibe, light and easy, well it's a fun album.

Some tracks that I dig here are 'Wet Wild Willing', Cry Cry Cry, 'You Better Love Me', 'Addiction To The Friction', 'Wet Hair In A Waterride', and the nice power ballad, 'Something In The Air', and also the sensational closer, 'Gimme Just One Night'.

About 3-4 7/10-ish tracks but I guess it deserved a solid 80% something

Just checked this one out, and I'll say it's a great and entertaining album. Very POISON meets RATT all over, with a summer breeze nuance pasted on the music, cheerful vibe, light and easy, well it's a fun album.

Some tracks that I dig here are 'Wet Wild Willing', Cry Cry Cry, 'You Better Love Me', 'Addiction To The Friction', 'Wet Hair In A Waterride', and the nice power ballad, 'Something In The Air', and also the sensational closer, 'Gimme Just One Night'.

You know I really do 'get' everything Julian is trying to achieve with this release, but the sad fact is it is just weak. Sorry.

You know I really do 'get' everything Julian is trying to achieve with this release, but the sad fact is it is just weak. Sorry.

I gotta agree! Really trying to like it, but it just doesn't grab me at all.

I gotta agree! Really trying to like it, but it just doesn't grab me at all.

I'm not going to make a big song and dance about it because I really like the guy and thought there was some really good stuff on the first BB disc... and I hope he keeps at this project. But sadly, this is the sad truth for this album. I'm trying hard also, but just can't get into it at all either. Very weak songs for the most part and that "twiddly" type of guitar is just the opposite to what I like too. :(

Again, I really like the guy and he is super friendly and I will buy his next CD for sure... I just hope it's more like the first one and less like this. ;)

Hm i don't know what you guys hear but to my ear, it's a fine and fun album. I think what's sad is for him, his work went under-appreciated, but even albums made by RATT and POISON were given the same equal of love and hate, so I guess that's the way thing goes :D