Longmire (summer tv series)

66 mustang

has anyone else watching? I've DVR'd it and watched a couple episodes and it is pretty good. Think CSI set out west. no big city, you get wide open spaces. I read that it is the highest Rated premier ever on A&E. The lead actor at certain angles looks like Bret Farve and Harrison Ford. And it has Katie Sackoff from Battlestar and Lou Diamond Philips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4AtK8hlMew

I've watched every one , I think 3 or 4 so far and while I don't think it's a great show, it is not bad at all.

Good show. The writer of the books it's based on, Craig Johnson, actually lives in the town I live in Buffalo, WY. and the story is based on this town but he called it something different in the books/show. The other towns and counties are all the surrounding area here and the Busy Bee dinner is an actual place here that was here for like 50 years but went out of business back 20 years ago but just recently re-opened. The only big fictional things is the reservation as the closest res is about an hour or so north into Southern Montana and about two hours or so over the mountain there's indian land as well. We are actually having a "Longmire Day" in town in two weeks where the author will be signing autographs and other festivities going on to tie in with the show and books. Katie Sackoff's character has caused some small controversy around here as the character Vic in the book is supposed to be dark haired and an Italian.

It's a decent show, nothing groundbreaking, but entertaining, I just enjoy the scenery and seeing a refreshing change in law shows, and seeing Wyoming as the set of a law show, I think that's the best part of it, but it's worth a watch, I don't get into it like I did The Shield, or like I do Sons Of Anarchy, or Justified, but it's definitly an upscale show, and the fact theyve gone out of their way to find an unknown actor, really leaves you to not have any expectations for the show, you can kind of just judge it and it's lead man on what you see of them, not what theyve acted in or done before.