W.A.S.P.

heaven&hell

I'm a big WASP fan but I go through cycles where I listen to them a lot and then I don't for a while and recently I've been playing their catalog and upgrading some of my cd collection that I was missing like Headless Children and Inside the Electric Circus. I had Headless but this was the Snapper issue with the bonus tracks and this is the first time I've owned Circus and I have to say I'm very impressed with that one. I always had read that it was a letdown after the great debut and Last Command and yeah it's not quite as good as those two but it's still great IMO and of course Headless is just brilliant all the way through and with the bonus tracks "War Cry" and "Lake of Fools" even better as is the Circus Snapper issue with "Flesh and Fire" bonus track.

Anyway great band and very underrated IMO as Blackie is one of the best songwriters around and he continues to put out quality product with the last release Babylon in 2009 being great as well. My fav will always be The Crimson Idol but I really love them all even KFD. Even though I love the early days of the band I really loved what Blackie did when he made you think more lyrically with Crimson, Headless, Unholy Terror, Dying for the World and so on. When he tried going back to the debut with Helldorado it didn't work IMO even though there are a few killer songs on that one. While Neon God didn't turn out to be the Crimson Idol part 2 as it was promoted to be it was still a good album(s) that had some great playing by Darrell Roberts and some great songs. I did wish they would have put it on one album and cut some of the filler like the intro type songs on disc one.

Does anyone know where to get an original US version of Still Not Black Enough with the "Skinwalker" and the covers of "Whole Lotta Rosie"? I bought it when it first came out and traded it off for some reason years later but now the only ones I can find is the Euro version and the Metal Is reissue that don't have those tracks and have the same track listing I think as the Euro version. I don't know whey labels have to issue different track listings in every damn market.

I am a WASP fan as well. Funny enough, I go through the same thing where I have times I keep playing them and then don't for awhile.

This is what I have right now with some notes on a few of them.

W.A.S.P. 1997 Sanctuary Reissue

Inside The Electric Circus

Inside The Electric Circus 1997/1998 Snapper 14 tracks

Live…In The Raw

The Crimson Idol

First Blood, Last Cuts BMG

The Last Command Sanctuary records - 17 songs

Still Not Black Enough 10 song version

Still Not Black Enough 11 song Japan sample version

K.F.D.

The Crimson Idol 2 cd reissue by Snapper

The Headless Children

The Headless Children 1998 Snapper

Helldorado

Unholy Terror

Dying For The World

The Neon God Part I

The Neon God Part II

Best of the Best 2CD

Dominator digipak

Babylon

I am a WASP fan as well. Funny enough, I go through the same thing where I have times I keep playing them and then don't for awhile.

This is what I have right now with some notes on a few of them.

W.A.S.P. 1997 Sanctuary Reissue

Inside The Electric Circus

Inside The Electric Circus 1997/1998 Snapper 14 tracks

Live…In The Raw

The Crimson Idol

First Blood, Last Cuts BMG

The Last Command Sanctuary records - 17 songs

Still Not Black Enough 10 song version

Still Not Black Enough 11 song Japan sample version

K.F.D.

The Crimson Idol 2 cd reissue by Snapper

The Headless Children

The Headless Children 1998 Snapper

Helldorado

Unholy Terror

Dying For The World

The Neon God Part I

The Neon God Part II

Best of the Best 2CD

Dominator digipak

Babylon

Wow nice there are some there that I don't have but the only one I'd say you're missing of any importance would be the excellent Double Live Assasins.

It looks like your Still Not Black Enough are the two without "Skinwalker", "Whole Lotta Rosie" and "Tie Your Mother Down".

Here is the track list off that Japan version, it does have Tie Your Mother Down, but not the other two. Basically they put Tie Your Mother Down at track 6 in between the other songs remaining in the same order.

Still Not Black Enough

Somebody To Love

Black Forever

Scared To Death --love this tune

Goodbye America

Tie Your Mother Down

Keep Holding On

Rock N Roll To Death

Breathe

I Can't

No Way Out of Here

Here is the track list off that Japan version, it does have Tie Your Mother Down, but not the other two. Basically they put Tie Your Mother Down at track 6 in between the other songs remaining in the same order.

Still Not Black Enough

Somebody To Love

Black Forever

Scared To Death --love this tune

Goodbye America

Tie Your Mother Down

Keep Holding On

Rock N Roll To Death

Breathe

I Can't've

No Way Out of Herein

Yup none of the versions had all of the songs. Very strange.

I only have the Euro release of STILL NOT BLACK ENOUGH... been looking for a copy of that alternate-tracklist U.S. version forever.

i love W.A.S.P as well although I found myself diggin the earlier years better but 'Babylon' is really awesome, hopefully they have one out this year or next year with at least the same quality as 'Babylon'.

I could make a best of cd of them and be fine. Never a huge fan but do love some of their songs. I don't like anything released after Crimson Idol, which is one of my favorite WASP albums.

I could make a best of cd of them and be fine. Never a huge fan but do love some of their songs. I don't like anything released after Crimson Idol, which is one of my favorite WASP albums.

Not sure why you don't like Still Not Black Enough then. For all intents and purposes it it the Crimson Idol except for the Rock Opera/Lyrics. Compositions, style, band etc. are very, very similar to Crimson Idol.

Not sure why you don't like Still Not Black Enough then. For all intents and purposes it it the Crimson Idol except for the Rock Opera/Lyrics. Compositions, style, band etc. are very, very similar to Crimson Idol.

For me it sounded like a watered down version of it. And I can't stand it when a band tries to duplicate a previous album note for note. That gets me also...

I have the Castle version and it has all those songs.

That is the US original but it seems to be getting hard to find on amazon or ebay and the only ones I see is the reissue on Metal Is records.

It appears I have this verion as well.

Never knew of the multi release deal with this disc... Such is the case with a number of other releases I'm sure.

As for the WASP catalogue, I L.O.V.E. the first 2 releases and the rest are hit and miss to my memory, probably should go revisit them. KFD however came out at a great time and is a quintescential hating someone record...

I have spun that Live At The Key Club DVD a few times and I must say BL still sounds great and is quite the showman. I did get to see them on the S/T tour opening for Krokus a long time ago and even though I dig Krokus, WASP blew them away. So much energy and obviously the "show" was over the top for an impressionable 16 year old.

For me it sounded like a watered down version of it. And I can't stand it when a band tries to duplicate a previous album note for note. That gets me also...

Dying for the World is excellent and Unholy Terror is up there as well as is Babylon.

The Neon God is solid too and in the same vein as Crimson Idol with the concept but not quite as good but still has many great songs.

I dig pretty much everything WASP has ever done with three notable exceptions: KFD (never could get into that one, it's an all too obvious attempt at jumping on the Marilyn Manson techno-terror bandwagon) and the "Neon God" two-fer.

I can appreciate how "Still Not Black Enough" carried over the vibe from "Crimson Idol" (how could it not, after all, since it was all the same players) but "Neon God" did nothin' for me. I was excited for it at the time cuz "Crimson Idol" is one of my all time faves and I was stoked to hear Blackie was doing another rock opera, unfortunately "Neon God" sounded like warmed over "Idol" leftovers. There are a couple of great tracks spread across the two discs but overall it's too damn bloated and self important.

My inner cynic still suspects that the only reason "Neon God" was stretched out to a double length was cuz Blackie still owed two albums on his contract with Sanctuary Records, so he padded those CDs out with a ton of filler just to fulfill his deal and get the f*ck out of Dodge before the company went under.

Beena WASP fan since about 1985 or so.. Have Everything except Dominator and Babylon, but will get those one of these days... And yes I Like KFD too as well as Still Not Black Enough, where they do a SMOKING cover of Jefferson Airplane's Somebody to Love.. That is just an Awesome cover!!! :headbanger:

they do a SMOKING cover of Jefferson Airplane's Somebody to Love.. That is just an Awesome cover!!

Yeah, that's a great cover. It sounds positively suicidal.

The WASP reissues are awesome, it's really cool to see a band include a ton of stuff that was previously unreleased unlike some band's reissues (coughAC/DCcough...coughKISScough). Speaking from experience I will say to avoid getting the WASP 2 on 1 reissues. I am pretty sure they compressed the bitrate to fit all the songs on because the sound is absolutely awful on them.

The WASP reissues are awesome, it's really cool to see a band include a ton of stuff that was previously unreleased unlike some band's reissues (coughAC/DCcough...coughKISScough). Speaking from experience I will say to avoid getting the WASP 2 on 1 reissues. I am pretty sure they compressed the bitrate to fit all the songs on because the sound is absolutely awful on them.

Those Snapper re-issues, IMHO, are great! Great liner notes and a rip of bonus tunes, just wish they wern't a digi-pac, but other than that top shelf.

If memory serves, I have the S/T, Last Command & Electric Circus on Snapper.

Those Snapper re-issues, IMHO, are great! Great liner notes and a rip of bonus tunes, just wish they wern't a digi-pac, but other than that top shelf.

If memory serves, I have the S/T, Last Command & Electric Circus on Snapper.

I've got the S/T Snapper Classics reissue, love it! I for one am glad they start the album off w/"Animal". :banger:

I've got the Snapper remasters of the S/T, INSIDE THE ELECTRIC CIRCUS and THE HEADLESS CHILDREN ... and they are quite possibly the sweetest reissues I've ever seen. They have a treasure trove of bonus tracks and the new liner notes are utterly geekworthy. Respect! :beerbang: