Lillian Axe

AlphaMale

Had a few more listens to some of these tracks. 'The Great Divide' is my pick of the bunch. Fantastic song, I'll be really surprised if it isn't in my top ten of 2012 come the end of the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TjS70I0240

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I was listening to this great band yesterday and here's how I rated their discography, minus I think it's two of their shitty albums. It was hard enough to get through those two, let alone two more of them. ;)

Anyway, is it just me, or is 'Out of the darkness, Into the light' the most perfectly selected compilation album ever? As far as I'm concerned, every single song on that album is one of the best from their first two albums. Anyone think there is any track on those first two albums which should have been on there instead of any of the selected ones?

1. Love & War - 1989 - 87

2. Lillian Axe - 1988 - 82

3. Poetic Justice - 1992 - 80

4. Psychoschizophrenia - 1993 - 77

5. Fields Of Yesterday - 1999 - 73

6. Waters Rising - 2007 - 45

7. The Days Before Tomorrow - 2012 - 40

And sorry Russ, not sure where I was for those above posts... but yeah, I heard it. :(

Love & War is their best - this is how I rated it -

1. All Fair - 8.75 (would be higher except for the silly spoken part)

2. She Like's it - 9

3. Diana - 7.5

4. Down On You - 8

5. The World Stopped Turning - 8.5

6. Ghost of Winter - 7.5

7. My Number (cover) - 8

8. Show A Little Love - 8.5

9. Fool's Paradise - 8.75

10. Letters in The Rain - 7.75

Overall 82.25%

[very good consistent album with no real filler....great cover too]

I was listening to this great band yesterday and here's how I rated their discography, minus I think it's two of their shitty albums. It was hard enough to get through those two, let alone two more of them. ;)
Anyway, is it just me, or is 'Out of the darkness, Into the light' the most perfectly selected compilation album ever? As far as I'm concerned, every single song on that album is one of the best from their first two albums. Anyone think there is any track on those first two albums which should have been on there instead of any of the selected ones?
1. Love & War - 1989 - 87
2. Lillian Axe - 1988 - 82
3. Poetic Justice - 1992 - 80
4. Psychoschizophrenia - 1993 - 77
5. Fields Of Yesterday - 1999 - 73
6. Waters Rising - 2007 - 45
7. The Days Before Tomorrow - 2012 - 40
And sorry Russ, not sure where I was for those above posts... but yeah, I heard it. :(

Fools Paradise and Letters In The Rain were always a favorite and it's not on that compilation.

I only rated 'Love and War' and got 86.7% so it's pretty tight score with Geoff but I probably think 'Poetic' will be better than the s/t by 1 or 2%. Agree with 'Psycho' around 74-77%, the rest I don't think I will bother