Chris Ousey

Glen

New solo album from Chris Ousey due soon - since this is produced by Mike Slamer, you can guess just what it sounds like !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_PmqgYUcbo

Press release -

Release date: 11 November, 2011

Catalogue No: ESM233

Bar Code 5 031281 002334

Track List:

1- Mother of Invention

2- Motivation

3- To Break a Heart

4- Bleeding heart

5- A Chemical high

6- Give me Shelter

7- The Reason Why

8- Any Other day

9- Don’t Wanna Dance

10- Watch this space

11- By any Other name

12- A Natural Law

All songs written by Chris Ousey and Tommy Denander

The Band:

Chris Ousey – Vocals (Heartland / Virginia Wolf / The Distance)

Mike Slamer – Guitars and Keyboards (City Boy, Streets, Seventh Key)

Tommy Denander – Guitar and keyboards (Radio Active / Alice Cooper )

Neil Murray – Bass (Whitesnake, Gary Moore)

Gregg Bisonette – Drums (Dave Lee Roth, Ringo Starr)

On backing vocals: Billy Trudel and Kristoffer Lagerström

Produced and Mixed by: Mike Slamer

Co-Produced by: Tommy Denander

Mastered by: Christoph Stickel at MSM-Studios Germany

Chris Ousey’s career goes from strength to strength. His first main achievement was with Polygram recording artists "Monroe" with guitarist Gary Sharpe, but Chris never made it to the album as he was snatched in the pre-production stages by John Bonham's son, Jason, for his new band of the moment, Virginia Wolf. The band notched up 250,000 album sales between two records in the form of their self titled debut (produced by Queen's Roger Taylor) and "Push" (produced by Keith Olsen).

Most will associate Chris with the band “Heartland” which was actually formed by Chris with Gary Sharpe and their self titled debut on A & M Records in the early nineties was produced by James "Jimbo" Barton. Since then Chris has notched up 10 releases with Heartland, and recently “Best of (ESM221) is a great reminder of the work he has done over the years.

Nicknamed by the press as “The Man with the Golden Tonsils” Chris has always been loved by the rock audience, simply because of his amazing voice and his uncanny vocal range. So, for the first time we have a solo album from the man himself, and are we all in for a treat. Produced by none other than the famous Mike Slamer, “Rhyme and Reason” is a superb slice of melodic hard rock that will have you singing every chorus after the first spin. Songs Like “Mother of Invention” (available as a Digital download on 5th October) and “The Reason Why” are two great examples of songs from the album, but there is not one single weak track here. Chris has a knack of writing great lyrics and with Tommy Denander writing the music then it is a match made in heaven….and just wait till you hear the collaboration of two great guitarists Mike Slamer and Tommy Denander and the combination is just pure magical!!

Rhyme and Reason is a great album and highlights just how Chris has matured over the last two decades.

Great news ! I love this guys voice. Thanks for the heads-up, mate ! :guitbannana:

Wow. I'll be honest here. Love Heartland's debut as much as the next guy but after that, bar a song here and there, I kind of lost interest.

I hesitated to even open this thread, and when I did so it was with an interest level of about 1-2/10. First sentence I read it's another Mike Slamer and my interest sky-rockets to a solid erection. This is good news and I will now make a point to look out for this one when it's released.

Didn't I see somewhere else that Heartland have a new CD out too?

Wow. I'll be honest here. Love Heartland's debut as much as the next guy but after that, bar a song here and there, I kind of lost interest.

I hesitated to even open this thread, and when I did so it was with an interest level of about 1-2/10. First sentence I read it's another Mike Slamer and my interest sky-rockets to a solid erection. This is good news and I will now make a point to look out for this one when it's released.

I think several months ago Heartland did release a set of 2cd compilation, probably they threw in couple of new tracks, but haven't really checked em out yet. Hm, I have doubt on this one, but I do love Ousey's voice, well I guess it's not a sin to wait for this one too

I think several months ago Heartland did release a set of 2cd compilation, probably they threw in couple of new tracks, but haven't really checked em out yet. Hm, I have doubt on this one, but I do love Ousey's voice, well I guess it's not a sin to wait for this one too

yes it's a 2 disc affair also containing previously unreleased material but sadly not all the previously unreleased songs, atleast the really goods ones have been left off. never the less the 2 disc release is a fab pick up.

I'm very much looking forward to Chris's solo.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone bought this? Like the look of the review on MR.com and I love this guys voice, but I'm not the biggest fan of Slamer's stuff...

Has anyone bought this? Like the look of the review on MR.com and I love this guys voice, but I'm not the biggest fan of Slamer's stuff...

The 4 songs on you tube will give you a very good overview

Just got it and will bew spinning this afternoon. Stay tuned

Way more rocky than expected (which is a good thing) with Denander and Slamer all over it. The tuneage is really good aswell,all co-writes with Tommy (does this boy not sleep, he's on virtually everything) although no way a 99% imo.

Way more rocky than expected (which is a good thing) with Denander and Slamer all over it. The tuneage is really good aswell,all co-writes with Tommy (does this boy not sleep, he's on virtually everything) although no way a 99% imo.

Yeah backed - I don't this this or Mecca is as good as The Magnificent and yet he gave that 92 or something? Weird. Still only one mans opinion eh??!

• 1 year later...

This CD blew me away. I actually can't get with this guy's vox (it's an acquired taste, I guess). I'll have more to say about this album soon, though. The songs are absolutely amazing and the guitar work is some of the best I've heard in the last twenty years, easily.