This hasn't happend in probably 10 years or even longer

On september 13th 2011, 2 (yes I wrote 2) releases that I want will be released IN STORES, not only online but also at my local Wal-Mart, Target or Best Buy.

The latest from Dream Theater and the latest from Anthrax.

When walking in one of those stores I'll feel like I'm back in 1991 and not 2011. Buying 2 cd's at the same...awesome!!!

Now let's just hope those stores will actually carry those releases...they f**king better.

Who knows what the distribution for Anthrax will be like? Would hope it can get into major stores but I'm not sure it will. I'm also personally a little disappointed (though I'm completely alone on this one) that their sound is now a little more 80's - when I didn't like them - than 21st century. Will still pick it up though as although they've never been a fave of mine they are currently putting on the best live show of the "big 4" by a mile...

• My Little Pony

I wouldnt bother with the Dream Theater....from what ive heard it sounds shit.

That's not surprising. Mike Portnoy leaving was a huge loss. Not only is he an irreplacable drummer, but he was the primary songwriter. I'll still give it a listen, but I'm prepared to never buy a new Dream Theater release.

I wouldnt bother with the Dream Theater....from what ive heard it sounds shit.

Nor the Anthrax, it's piss-poor IMO. There you go Dave, me and Glen have saved you some dosh - don't say we don't ever give helpful and constructive consumer advice. My pleasure.

The new Dream Theater is really good....so there :butt: . Most DT fans that I know who have heard it are liking it aswell, so I suggest hearing it first before making a decision. Portnoy will obviously be missed, but Mangini sounds absolutely awesome on it.

The new Dream Theater is really good....so there :butt: . Most DT fans that I know who have heard it are liking it aswell, so I suggest hearing it first before making a decision. Portnoy will obviously be missed, but Mangini sounds absolutely awesome on it.

Based on my first impression, it's good stuff, some classic feel to it, and probably without Portnoy, the other guys will be more flexible in giving up some ideas and experimenting with their instruments. I know some prog die-hards really admire this, but I believe it's still two levels below SFaM and I&W, and of course better than the term 'shit'.

but that Anthrax, hm yeah pretty poor but not below 50% i guess, should be around 60%, the first half is pretty okay, the second half is disaster though

I'm buying the Anthrax, DT and the Arch/Matheos on the 13th and expect them all to be great and don't care what others say.

Also this month Chickenfoot III, Sebastian Bach Kicking and Screaming and Saxon Call To Arms(finally a North American release date).

The Dream Theater is something I'd buy without even knowing anything about it. Sorta like buying Harem Scarem stuff. As for Anthrax, the 2 tracks I heard sounded great, but I've never been a huge fan. I think I'll use Youtube a bit more to decide on that one.

No worries I've got plenty of good music as I received the Work Of Art and Toby Hitchcock in the mail today....I'm good for awhile.

I'm buying the Anthrax, DT and the Arch/Matheos on the 13th and expect them all to be great and don't care what others say.

Also this month Chickenfoot III, Sebastian Bach Kicking and Screaming and Saxon Call To Arms(finally a North American release date).

i've heard some outstanding news on the Bach's review, looks like he's back to the Slave-style and couple of spectacular ballads.

but if you got Anthrax and DT, please also write here what do you think of it :)

Yeah maybe, but the songs just sounded really dull to me and some of the instrumental parts were ludicrous even by DT's standards. Just found myself chuckling at times........like at the beginning of 'Lost Not Forgotten' - I mean WTF. How is that enjoyable. Not for me Im afraid.

Yeah maybe, but the songs just sounded really dull to me and some of the instrumental parts were ludicrous even by DT's standards. Just found myself chuckling at times........like at the beginning of 'Lost Not Forgotten' - I mean WTF. How is that enjoyable. Not for me Im afraid.

Have you heard thew whole thing from start to finish?

Have you heard thew whole thing from start to finish?

yep. I mean it was OK...a few nice tracks, but DT have never been my favourite band.

but that Anthrax, hm yeah pretty poor but not below 50% i guess, should be around 60%, the first half is pretty okay, the second half is disaster though

My thoughts entirely. A few nice riffs, a decent first half, but it's like they picked up a load of "State of Euphoria" b-sides and recorded them in 20 minutes in the studio. A very surprising disappointment from a once-great band.