H.E.A.T signs with Gain/Sony Music

Kim_Hp

H.E.A.T signs record deal with GAIN/SONY MUSIC

Posted on 11 Aug 2011 by H.E.A.T

Press release 2011-08-11

Gain has signed a record contract with H.E.A.T. The band had their breakthrough in the Eurovision Song Contest with the song "1000 Miles" and is worldwide considered to be the new big band in the AOR genre. Classic Rock Magazine (United Kingdom) recently wrote the following about the band's appearance at the Download Festival:

"A full-fledged homage to AOR that belies their youth, H.e.a.t are one of the weekend's unexpected highlights. So free of cynicism are they in their love of their heroes, and so thorough in their attention to detail that the likeable Swedes are totally lost in the moment, and that vibe radiates until it reaches everyone in the tent."

The band will enter the studio in November this year to record their third album which is scheduled for release early next year.

- “Working with Gain has for a long time been one of our dream scenarios. We are more inspired than ever and will take the energy and the time needed for the world to experience the best H.E.A.T album to date”, says Jimmy Jay of H.E.A.T.

- “H.E.A.T has for a long time been at the top of our wish list and it's incredibly fun to finally get to work with the band. They've already laid down a strong foundation in Sweden and around the world. We are confident that together we will be able to lift the band to be the world leader in the AOR genre”, says Mark Tagaris, GAIN.

Press release 2011-08-11

Gain has signed a record contract with H.E.A.T. The band had their breakthrough in the Eurovision Song Contest with the song "1000 Miles" and is worldwide considered to be the new big band in the AOR genre. Classic Rock Magazine (United Kingdom) recently wrote the following about the band's appearance at the Download Festival:

"A full-fledged homage to AOR that belies their youth, H.e.a.t are one of the weekend's unexpected highlights. So free of cynicism are they in their love of their heroes, and so thorough in their attention to detail that the likeable Swedes are totally lost in the moment, and that vibe radiates until it reaches everyone in the tent."

The band will enter the studio in November this year to record their third album which is scheduled for release early next year.

- “Working with Gain has for a long time been one of our dream scenarios. We are more inspired than ever and will take the energy and the time needed for the world to experience the best H.E.A.T album to date”, says Jimmy Jay of H.E.A.T.

- “H.E.A.T has for a long time been at the top of our wish list and it's incredibly fun to finally get to work with the band. They've already laid down a strong foundation in Sweden and around the world. We are confident that together we will be able to lift the band to be the world leader in the AOR genre”, says Mark Tagaris, GAIN.

Yeah just saw this on Twitter.......

Strong contender for album of 2012 there for sure. I expect nothing short of awesomeness!! lol.

Press release 2011-08-11

Yeah just saw this on Twitter.......

Strong contender for album of 2012 there for sure. I expect nothing short of awesomeness!! lol.

It's hard to imagine how they could possibly top the masterpieces that was s/t and Freedom Rock. Needles to say, even without the excellent Kenny on vocals, this is probably one of my most anticipated releases ever.

Good on them. Not surprised now that they have a "name" as a vocalist and 80's rock seems to be "in" at the moment. :)

Can't wait for the next album, should be absolutely amazing.

Great news, H.E.A.T is one of my most fave young band in the last couple of years, while I do miss Kenny's voice, i hope Eric can fill in the shoes comfortably. Lookin' forward to the new album, surely should be one of the highlight of 2012 ! :whistle:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't hear any modern influences, but perhaps that's because I love this band so much I don't pay attention to these things. I have read comments on their first two CD's saying they sound too modern, don't really get these comments to be honest, although the unique thing about H.E.A.T for me personally has always been their ability to copy the sound of their heroes (Giant, Europe etc) yet still sound original, fresh and exciting...unlike some "other" bands out there (Grand Design, anyone?)

Bottom line, to me this sounds like 100% classic HEAT and can't imagine this album will dissapoint. Erik sounds great too, all he needs now is more vocal training to handle the live shows and then they'll take the world by storm...hopefully :lol:

I don't hear any modern influences, but perhaps that's because I love this band so much I don't pay attention to these things. I have read comments on their first two CD's saying they sound too modern, don't really get these comments to be honest, although the unique thing about H.E.A.T for me personally has always been their ability to copy the sound of their heroes (Giant, Europe etc) yet still sound original, fresh and exciting...unlike some "other" bands out there (Grand Design, anyone?)

Bottom line, to me this sounds like 100% classic HEAT and can't imagine this album will dissapoint. Erik sounds great too, all he needs now is more vocal training to handle the live shows and then they'll take the world by storm...hopefully :lol:

BACKED :)

BACKED :)

Yeah I don't get the modern comment either?! Just sounds like kick arse melodic rock to me. Literally cannot wait for this to hit.