MUST READ! Anyone who has dealt with Martin Levine (windsoreryes)

Anyone here at HH who has had a claim filed against them by Martin Levine (either as windsoreyes or windsoreyes2) for SNAD (not non-receipt claims), please contact me via PM with the following information (if you don't mind sharing it with me):

1. Your eBay userID at the time of the claim

2. The email address on your PayPal account

3. The date he filed the claim against you.

4. The PayPal transaction number associated with the claim.

5. The dollar amount of the claim.

6. The end result (you had to refund, he withdrew the claim, etc.)

You can find this information by logging into your PayPal account and going to the Resolution Center. You can view closed cases as far back as 18 months. To get the transaction number, click on "View case details" for a claim and it will be the long number in parentheses as part of the title.

I will compile this information and forward it to the Fraud Division at PayPal, since I have an open dispute with him and have initiated a fraud investigation.

If you know of any discussions concerning Martin Levine on other trading/selling message boards, please let the membership there know as well, along with any other people that you know have been hit by him. If they are not HH board members, they can email me the information at webmaster@heavyharmonies.com.

I need information ASAP.

Let's get this crook.

Thanks,

-Dan

What an absolute shit. I honestly don't see how he's able to do this over & over again. You would think that at some point someone at paypal would notice that he's filed a ton of claims & flag his account as a scammer.

What an absolute shit. I honestly don't see how he's able to do this over & over again. You would think that at some point someone at paypal would notice that he's filed a ton of claims & flag his account as a scammer.

Well, it takes being proactive to be able to put a stop to people like this. Right now, only one person has sent me any information. If this is going to work, it's going to take more people coming forward... I'm sure that in the eyes of PayPal it's going to take more than 2 to create a pattern (I don't have faith that PayPal will spend a lot of time on this scouring through histories unless I can hit them with enough people to catch their attention).

The problem is, they only look at peoples history when a claim is filed against them.

They dont look at the history of the person filing the claim.

Even then, they will probably only look for non-paying strikes against someone, and not how many claims someone has made.

Its a shitty system on there, as we all know, and its only getting worse. Sellers have little or no security, which is a joke.

The problem is, they only look at peoples history when a claim is filed against them.

They dont look at the history of the person filing the claim.

Even then, they will probably only look for non-paying strikes against someone, and not how many claims someone has made.

Its a shitty system on there, as we all know, and its only getting worse. Sellers have little or no security, which is a joke.

That makes absolutely no sense...I mean how difficult would it be for them to check & see if someone has made numerous claims & is abusing the system? I'm sure all it would take would be the press of a button.

well, I received the cd back that he wanted the refund for...and he actually sent the right one back...and it does not skip....which was his complaint....I think either he did not like it and wanted his money back, or he copied it, then wanted his money back....either way I have to refund his money, but I am gonna take every second of the time ebay has allowed me to do it....not gonna hurry at all...but this will be the last of anything he ever gets from me....I am also going to be contacting all the people he has bought from, gonna take me some time, but I want to warn them what they might get if they choose to deal with him...I am sure he is gonna rip some of them off too...and they are not aware of this thread so maybe that will give dan the numbers he needs...some of them have to have some similar experiences....the good news is I got offered more money than he spent for this cd, right after the auction ended, so I will get my cash back....thanks dan for the help with my ordeal...and best of luck on your situation....MIke

Because of copyright infringment, why would PayPal make you take a CD back? Especially when the buyer can copy it and then claim fraud. When I worked at the music store, we had a strict policy about returns of cassettes or CD's and they could be returned for exact same item only.

• 3 months later...

Because of copyright infringment, why would PayPal make you take a CD back? Especially when the buyer can copy it and then claim fraud. When I worked at the music store, we had a strict policy about returns of cassettes or CD's and they could be returned for exact same item only.

Back in the day a buddy of mine would occasionally buy a cassette, copy it, cut the actual tape, and return it to the store saying it was defective and get a full refund.