Steelhouse Lane

Nightrain

so last time i check, you'll need at least maybe $15-20 for the original album today, so should spend around $30-$40 for both releases, is it worth getting or should i buy the recently-released double album remastered version ?

how's the sound, booklet, anything compared ?

:popcorn:

Hmmm, I have the original but not the remaster so hard for me to comment on sound differences. After this weekend I can try to remember to check out the booklet and let you know what that is like.

I bought both albums back when the second one came out, and they sound absolutely fine to my ears, so I guess it really depends on whether you are the sort of person who doesnt really care if the CDs are in one case or if you want the original artwork etc.

I honestly dont think any remastering would make them sound any better.

Its certainly the cheaper route to go with the new version as looking at Amazon its about £12, where as the other two are available on market place for £8 and £10 as the cheapest.

Factor in postage as well, because it will mean two lots of postage, and you would probably be looking at paying around double for the sake of having the originals.

They were two albums that didn't really need a remaster in the first place. The originals sound great and as far I know are easy enough to get your hands on. I haven't heard the remaster so can't comment on the difference but like Howdy says, the remaster should be the cheaper option. Personally, I'd get the original discs.

PLayed these the other day, they sound great.... no need for the reissues unless it's cheaper and has bonus goodies!

I just picked up both originals for $32 total (one is still sealed), about $9 more than I would've paid for the double disc reissue. I'm fine with that as I would rather have the originals personally and I think the price was ok compared to what they were when I wanted to get them before the reissue came out.

according to nearly all sources I have seen its defo a digipack.

problem is I think more and more CDs will end up as digipacks as they are more environmentally friendly, which gets record labels brownie points with the green brigade.

I'd also hazard a guess that they may be cheaper to produce as well.

the reissue version seem to have a bonus track but don't know about any sound enhancement, only bad news is looks like it's a digipak :doh:

can mitch confirm this ?

What bonus track is included? I didn't see one listed when I was going to buy the reissue.

If Love Should Go was only available on the Jap issue of Slaves, to my knowledge, so thats the bonus track.

Oh. It's not listed as a track on the Amazon website.

http://www.amazon.com/Metallic-Blue-Slaves-New-World/dp/tracks/B0044IBMNS/ref=dp_tracks_all_2#disc_2

is the bonus track worth getting ?

looks like this remastered version is enticing, but damn that digipak, kinda hate it, but then looks like the booklet is on separate part (not digibook kinda stuff).

hm still undecided yet, but i think i might go for the remastered, probably cost me around $20 includes shipment for both discs