Anvil - Juggernaut of Justice

heaven&hell

The big follow up disc after the success of the movie and they have made a great album. Great production from Bob Marlette, Killer drumming my Rob Reiner(I do mean killer drumming) and a more Lemmy type vocal delivery from Lips with some great solos througout. This one is probably as good as their early stuff and is even better than the last album "This is Thirteen". They do throw in a few curveballs late in the album with the addition of a more jazz metal feeling with even some horns on one song or two but overall it's pedal to the metal and if you like Anvil, Motorhead or just Heavy Metal in general then you need this disc. Plus I was shocked to find this up front in an FYE as one of the new releases mixed in with top 40 so it looks like this will be getting some promotion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e11WmCG6Pwo

If you like Doom Metal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rdEqF6Hk2A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w95Pi1lMGY&feature=related

I've got a copy of this one coming to me in the mail ... hasn't arrived yet so I will resist the urge to listen to the clips you posted. :lol: I'm lookin' forward to it cuz THIS IS THIRTEEN was killer. Anvil has yet to truly disappoint.

Will have to check this out. Great blokes and it looks like they put on a fantastic live show. Hope they play London this year.

I've got a copy of this one coming to me in the mail ... hasn't arrived yet so I will resist the urge to listen to the clips you posted. :lol: I'm lookin' forward to it cuz THIS IS THIRTEEN was killer. Anvil has yet to truly disappoint.

I was so shocked to find this at the front of the store at the top of the new releases!

It's very good and even better than This is Thirteen and Robb's drumming is just killer.

I also grabbed Hard N Heavy and Forged in Fire and was shocked to find those sitting in a FYE store.

I also grabbed Hard N Heavy and Forged in Fire and was shocked to find those sitting in a FYE store.

Nice! Will be interested to hear what you think of HARD N HEAVY, I honestly find that one is pretty badly dated nowadays. They first released that when the band was called "Lips," then after the name change they re-released it as an Anvil album.

It's got more in common with '70s hard rock (think Ted Nugent) than the heavier stuff they started pimping with METAL ON METAL and FORGED IN FIRE.

I saw Anvil on that metal show they played some tunes and....i was not impressed at all..terrible solos

That must of been when they did the hour special to promote the movie about a year and a half ago and they played Metal on Metal and Mothra from the Classic Metal on Metal album. If you didn't like those tunes than you sure you won't like anything else Anvil has done.

Nice! Will be interested to hear what you think of HARD N HEAVY, I honestly find that one is pretty badly dated nowadays. They first released that when the band was called "Lips," then after the name change they re-released it as an Anvil album.

It's got more in common with '70s hard rock (think Ted Nugent) than the heavier stuff they started pimping with METAL ON METAL and FORGED IN FIRE.

I'm playing it right now and yeah I can hear a little Nuge but also hear some early Riot.

The song AC/DC is killer and there are great guitar solos and drumming as always but it's not near as heavy as what came later.

Speaking of Forged in Fire is it me or it that one almost just as good as Metal on Metal?

There's some badass shit on that album and in some ways it's even heavier so I'm not sure why that one took such a beating from critics and fans.

I saw Anvil on that metal show they played some tunes and....i was not impressed at all..terrible solos

That must of been when they did the hour special to promote the movie about a year and a half ago and they played Metal on Metal and Mothra from the Classic Metal on Metal album. If you didn't like those tunes than you sure you won't like anything else Anvil has done.

your right i think they suck.....

your right i think they suck.....

Well you have the first to your opinion but I'm not sure what the point was of you even posting in this thread if you felt that way.

I'm not sure what the point was of you even posting in this thread if you felt that way.

tumblr_ldold3HAvF1qfzjyfo1_400.gif

obese freddy and heaven and hell...the world is not an extended version of sesame street friends.....all opinions are important...for example if those mofos in anvil read this they would wise up and practice more...

obese freddy and heaven and hell...the world is not an extended version of sesame street friends.....all opinions are important...for example if those mofos in anvil read this they would wise up and practice more...

The world might not be but Heavy Harmonies is. :whistle:

As I said I don't have a problem with an opinion but you knew going into this thread that you don't like Anvil and with this thread being about Anivl I don't see the point of even posting in it but that is just MY opinion.

As far as them needing to practice more I don't know if they'd need to considering they've put out close to 15 albums over the last 30 years and had a movie made about them so there are some people that like them.

the world is not an extended version of sesame street friends.....

Um...yeah, OK. Random much?

Seriously, I don't even know how to respond to this, because it makes no sense. :blink:

Reg, Reg, Reg!

You don't even have 100 posts yet and already your starting the mud slinging.. Haven't you learned from Sleazeroxx or Metal Blast?

You don't like Anvil, we get it, but a lot of people here do (Including myself). I must warn you, The moderaters here are not as tolerant as Skid.

Just giving you a heads up..

Speaking of Forged in Fire is it me or it that one almost just as good as Metal on Metal?

Both are equally bad-ass in my book :beerbang:

Reg, Reg, Reg!

You don't even have 100 posts yet and already your starting the mud slinging.. Haven't you learned from Sleazeroxx or Metal Blast?

You don't like Anvil, we get it, but a lot of people here do (Including myself). I must warn you, The moderaters here are not as tolerant as Skid.

no mud slinging at all and i called those guys friends.....as far as anvil goes i dont feel like i said anything offensive but ill respect that i should not talk bad about a band in a thread created for them

Reg, Reg, Reg!

no mud slinging at all and i called those guys friends.....as far as anvil goes i dont feel like i said anything offensive but ill respect that i should not talk bad about a band in a thread created for them

Except that they can't play! :omg:

Oh, BTW, Anvil playing London on 11 July. After watching the film I have to see them live, looks like they play a fantastic show. Anyone else on HH likely to go along to this one?

Just listened to this album today & it's smokin'...the production is top notch & the songs are great. A worthy follow-up to "This Is Thirteen", which was a good album in & of itself. And no, they don't need to practice more. :screwy:

Just listened to this album today & it's smokin'...the production is top notch & the songs are great. A worthy follow-up to "This Is Thirteen", which was a good album in & of itself. And no, they don't need to practice more. :screwy:

Thanks for the backup. :headbanger:

The shocking thing to me is though that this only sold 1600 copies it's first week in the US and This is Thirteen sold 1400. I would of thought they would of promoted better and had a better sales considering the popularity of the movie.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this!! Holy fuck!! This fucking ROCKS!!! :banger::headbanger::beerbang:

Really? I'm surprised as I've just listened to 3 tracks online and none of them was a patch on 'Bombs Away' from 'This Is Thirteen', which was awesome. The title track didn't grab me at all; maybe I just need to play it a few times...

BTW, I notice a few of the tracks have been taken off Youtube "due to a copyright claim by Anvil Songs". Seems strange - don't they realise that's how people get to hear the music before deciding whether to buy? There's no way I'm buying the CD unless I hear a few songs first.

I noticed on Netflix that they have the Anvil movie now so I have that queued up to watch. I've never heard anything by these guys but that "Juggernaut Of Justice" track sounded great...almost an 80's Judas Priest vibe. The other two links don't work though.

I'm lovin' JUGGERNAUT OF JUSTICE, it definitely smokes THIS IS THIRTEEN (which was pretty bad-ass in its own right).

Rick, I think you'll dig the Anvil movie.