Anvil - Juggernaut of Justice

heaven&hell

I noticed on Netflix that they have the Anvil movie now so I have that queued up to watch. I've never heard anything by these guys but that "Juggernaut Of Justice" track sounded great...almost an 80's Judas Priest vibe. The other two links don't work though.

Even if you don't love the music you would love the movie.

VH1 Classic plays it every so often and played it a couple of times over memorial day weekend when they did their metal weekend.

I noticed on Netflix that they have the Anvil movie now so I have that queued up to watch. I've never heard anything by these guys but that "Juggernaut Of Justice" track sounded great...almost an 80's Judas Priest vibe. The other two links don't work though.

Even if you don't love the music you would love the movie.

VH1 Classic plays it every so often and played it a couple of times over memorial day weekend when they did their metal weekend.

It is a brilliant film. And I don't agree with the Spinal Tap comparisons at all - you don't laugh at the band; the film is mostly sympathetic towards them rather than mocking them. They are a great bunch of guys who really care about what they do (and happen to get into a few amusing scrapes, as well as some nasty situations, along the way).

I'm lovin' JUGGERNAUT OF JUSTICE, it definitely smokes THIS IS THIRTEEN (which was pretty bad-ass in its own right).

Rick, I think you'll dig the Anvil movie.

I just finished watching the movie and thought it was great. It did remind me of Spinal Tap in a way but obviously they weren't trying to do that on purpose. Just amazing seeing guys in their 50's still plugging along. Hopefully the movie provides a boost to album sales and helps the guys get some kind of financial security (unless VH1 gets all the $$$'s).

I'm lovin' JUGGERNAUT OF JUSTICE, it definitely smokes THIS IS THIRTEEN (which was pretty bad-ass in its own right).

Rick, I think you'll dig the Anvil movie.

I just finished watching the movie and thought it was great. It did remind me of Spinal Tap in a way but obviously they weren't trying to do that on purpose. Just amazing seeing guys in their 50's still plugging along. Hopefully the movie provides a boost to album sales and helps the guys get some kind of financial security (unless VH1 gets all the $$$'s).

I read recently that they said they are finally making a living in the music business. There never gonna sell a ton of albums but the movie has opened or re-opened many doors that had been closed for years. Plus they got open for AC/DC back in 2009 and that wouldn't of ever happened prior to the movie.

I read recently that they said they are finally making a living in the music business.

Fantastic news imo! Well deserved, they must be as happy as pigs in shit! :D

Heard this album yesterday and I think it's a very good traditional heavy metal album! The title track is a monster, "When Hell Breaks Loose", "On Fire", "The Ride", "Running", and "Swing Thing" (the jazzy flirt is a surprise) are my fave.

"New Orleans Voodoo" is a bit weak and "Paranormal" might be the weakest tune IMO but in my couple of first spins, most songs are kinda have very similar arrangement with one another.

:party421:

• 7 months later...

Blabbermouth reported yesterday that bassist Glenn Five has quit Anvil. :(

Blabbermouth reported yesterday that bassist Glenn Five has quit Anvil. :(

G5's replacement (at least for the time being) is Sal Italiano, a New Yorker who was once a member of Cities (AJ Pero's back-in-the-day band) and is also a member of the Iron Maiden tribute band Live After Death:

Canadian metal legends ANVIL have recruited Sal Italiano (pictured below), a member of the Long Island, New York IRON MAIDEN tribute band LIVE AFTER DEATH and original progressive metal act THE NIGHTMARE STAGE, as well as a former member of the acclaimed '80s heavy metal group CITIES, as their new touring bassist.

ANVIL's longtime bassist Glenn Gyorffy (a.k.a. Glenn Five or G5) announced his departure from the band two days ago, citing creative differences.

salanvil.jpg

I would imagine that he probably won't be rockin' the Steve Harris lookalike gear while onstage with Anvil. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...