Eddie Trunk Book Signing

I went to Vintage Vinyl yesturday to get a signed copie of Trunks book. The store actually ran out of copies and Eddie had some in the trunk of his car(no pun intended). Book looks great, but I haven't really had the time to sit down and enjoy it, yet. There was a guy there that drove up from Maryland, thats probably 3 hours or so away.

169g6lc.jpg

Does this book tend to lean more toward the more popular bands such as Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy, KISS,Motley Crue, and Guns N Roses... or does it include slightly more obscure bands like Kick Axe, Grim Reaper, Odin, and Dangerous Toys...?

Does this book tend to lean more toward the more popular bands such as Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Thin Lizzy, KISS,Motley Crue, and Guns N Roses... or does it include slightly more obscure bands like Kick Axe, Grim Reaper, Odin, and Dangerous Toys...?

Just the popular ones. And a little paragraph in the back for each band like KIX, White Snake, Riot(not Quit Riot) and others.

The books $20 bucks a really good deal as far as books go.

Someone actually drove 3 hours to meet Eddie Trunk?

:blink:

(Shakes head)

Just the popular ones. And a little paragraph in the back for each band like KIX, White Snake, Riot(not Quit Riot) and others.

The books $20 bucks a really good deal as far as books go.

Thanks for the info... I may pick it up once I can get it for under $10.00. I really don't wanna read about the popular bands who are over-hyped in many cases anyway.

Who the heck is Eddie Trunk? :blink:

I'm too lazy to google...

The Luckiest Metal Dork on the planet. He managed to parlay a relationship with Ace Frehley into various radio gigs and now television on VH1 Classic's irritating-but-inexplicably-popular "That Metal Show"

...obviously I'm not much of a fan. :lol:

I've never met Eddie Trunk but I used to catch his show now and then on XM radio and I thought he was a major kiss a$$ to the bands he figured he was "in" with and any other band that no longer existed he then felt it was safe to be critical of them or a certain release or whatever. Like Wes said, to be expected I suppose. The other thing about his show is he is long winded and repeats the same thing over and over...so if he is friends with a band I dont need to hear 20 times how great of guys they are, I get it.

He's really a cool guy and makes time for people that want to talk to him.. Most people that don't like him, are mostly jealous (I know I am :angry2: ). He started out working with Megaforce records, then became a D.J. (METALSHOP).

He is a Metal Dork, but aren't we all? :whistle:

Someone actually drove 3 hours to meet Eddie Trunk?

:blink:

(Shakes head)

I was thinking the same thing. I think when his show first came on, he had the world at his feet. Could have been one hell of a show but I think he fell short.