Well, the 2011 MLB season is off to a GREAT start!

heavyharmonies

Talk about turning misery into ecstasy. Opening day in Philadelphia against Houston. Roy Halliday got roughed up by the Astros for 4 runs while the Phillies offense was anemic.

The Astros led 4-0 going into the bottom of the 7th inning. The Phillies got 2 back, but were still down 4-2 going into the bottom of the 9th inning.

... and then the wheels came off. The Phillies smacked 6 hits, including a walk-off bloop single by rookie John Mayberry, Jr.

Woohoo!

Talk about turning misery into ecstasy. Opening day in Philadelphia against Houston. Roy Halliday got roughed up by the Astros for 4 runs while the Phillies offense was anemic.

The Astros led 4-0 going into the bottom of the 7th inning. The Phillies got 2 back, but were still down 4-2 going into the bottom of the 9th inning.

... and then the wheels came off. The Phillies smacked 6 hits, including a walk-off bloop single by rookie John Mayberry, Jr.

Woohoo!

Great game, the Phils had me jumping off the sofa and cheering with that hit... :beerbang:

Ya the AStros ckoked badly.

My Yankees looked decent on Thursday : )

....Waiting for the shots (cringe)......

The fact you are waiting for "the shots" speaks for itself. :D

As for my Brew Crew, things could not have gotten off to a worse start. Leading 6-3 in the 9th against division champ Cincy, our closer gives up 4 runs, the final 3 being from a 3 run HR to the #7 hitter I believe. :doh:

Yeah... and my Orioles have a winning record for possibly the last time all year. They have already had to scratch the starter for game 2 because of an injury. So much for staying healthy.

The Orioles should be able to score 4 or 5 runs a game this year... Just a matter of whether or not they get any relief pitching.

Woohoo!

Yeah, I watched the end of that game. Being a hardcore Braves fan it pains my to say this but you guys looked really good (no surprise there). Mayberry had a very focused at bat, did exactly what he needed to win the game.

Good start for the Orioles.. winning all 3 games of the opening series (on the road). They've allowed just 3 runs in the first 3 games. Starting pitching has given up just 1 run. In my opinion, the key to a decent season is scoring at least four runs per game. The thing I worry about the most is the relief pitching.

Home opener is tomorrow against the Tigers.

Good start for the Orioles.. winning all 3 games of the opening series (on the road). They've allowed just 3 runs in the first 3 games. Starting pitching has given up just 1 run. In my opinion, the key to a decent season is scoring at least four runs per game. The thing I worry about the most is the relief pitching.

With Buck as manager I expect them to continue getting better as they did at the end of last season when he took over. They're young but have some quality experienced leaders as well. It sucks for them that their in that tough of a division as if they were in the Central or the West they are good enough to make a run but being in the East they are a 3-5th place team but I do expect them to be better. Remember it was Buck Showalter that help build the Yankess dynasty that Torre cashed in on(that's not to take anything away from Joe) and also build the Diamondbacks from the ground up and Brenly cashed in with a World Series Title the following year after Buck was fired. The guy knows how to teach and make young player better so if they don't win during Bucks years as manager expect them to win right after he's gone.

Wow... Now 4-0 after a 5-1 home opening victory. They even had a 80 degree day for the home opener... talk about a great start. So far only given up a run per game... starting pitching has given up just 2 runs in 4 games. Relief pitching is what worries me... but so far they have only given up 2 runs in relief.

Just enjoying it while it lasts... :bananamac:

• 2 weeks later...