Legion - S/T 2010 release

whiplash1972

legioncover-m.jpg

I picked up Legion - S/T last week, and am really enjoying it. Not a lot of fanfare surrounding its release late last year, but it's a damn solid hard rock release IMO. Phil Vincent's vocals are solid as usual, and Vince O'regan does some very "Lynch-ish" guitar playing at times. Check 'em out:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=5766&CDName=Legion

http://www.nehrecords.com/shop/LegionLegion.htm

:banger:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Oh yeah..ive been spinning this and recently "Code Of Honour".D!mn good stuff! Big time Dokken vibe.The singer

has the Don thing going on with the vox.The drummer Steve Hopgood who has played on alot of different stuff over the years

(Battlezone,Tank,Killers etc.) is one the best drummers out there in my book.Helluva drummer.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta pick up the new one sometime soon. The S/T debut is still getting repeated plays... :banger:

• 4 weeks later...

Just ordered this CD, so I'll see how I go. :)

So, have you had a chance to listen to this one yet Geoff? :quagmire:

Got the new one, "Code of Honour" in the mail yesterday and have been playing it all morning.

At least as good as the S/T from last year, and maybe a touch more melodic overall. Another quality release. :banger:

I havent heard the s/t, but am certainly liking the new album 'Code Of Honour'. As previously mentioned Vincent's vocals are very reminiscent of Dokken and certainly some of this album (whilst not as good) reminds me of his solo album 'Up From The Ashes'.

This to me is just a very good straight ahead hard rock album with some decent hooks and some excellent musicianship / solos. Some songs will right royally kick your butt.

Well worth checking out.

Cheers

Just ordered this CD, so I'll see how I go. :)

So, have you had a chance to listen to this one yet Geoff? :quagmire:

Not yet, mate, still waiting for the postman to drop it off. :)

Finally got around to spinning this one. Wow, very nice. Is this meant to be a serious take on Dokken?

I've heard many of those Phil Vincent CDs in the past, and they are generally dreadful. Circular Logik and Trajik were both complete wastes of time, and his solo stuff is useless too. But aside from never creating good music before, he also never sounded like Don Dokken before? Has he taken on this vocal style this time around to make this a real attempt at truly sounding like Dokken? Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing. As I said, this is the first good thing I've heard him do! :lol:

I can also definitely hear the Alibi / Pulse influence of guitarist Vince O'Regan too. Thankfully the production is a bit better than those efforts, but he has a distinct sound.

Yeah, overall I'm really quite digging this. Essential for Dokken fans, that's for sure. I hope to hear the new one asap.

Finally got around to spinning this one. Wow, very nice. Is this meant to be a serious take on Dokken?

I've heard many of those Phil Vincent CDs in the past, and they are generally dreadful. Circular Logik and Trajik were both complete wastes of time, and his solo stuff is useless too. But aside from never creating good music before, he also never sounded like Don Dokken before? Has he taken on this vocal style this time around to make this a real attempt at truly sounding like Dokken? Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing. As I said, this is the first good thing I've heard him do! :lol:

I can also definitely hear the Alibi / Pulse influence of guitarist Vince O'Regan too. Thankfully the production is a bit better than those efforts, but he has a distinct sound.

Yeah, overall I'm really quite digging this. Essential for Dokken fans, that's for sure. I hope to hear the new one asap.

the new one sounds even more like Dokken....if that's possible ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Just listening to 'Code of Honour' now. A few average ones at the start, but it's picking up pace now. 'All is forgiven' is a deadset Dokken song. 'Freight train' which spins now is very nice too. Definitely a bit ballsier with some wikkid shredding going on too.

• 1 year later...

Any fans of this stuff should check out the D'Ercole 'Dreams Of The Heart' disc from 2012. It's with Phil Vincent and has that same poor man's Dokken style as Legion. I'll be honest and admit it's really not for me - a piss-weak sound and it truly sounds like a really poor version of Dokken, and not in a good way. I believe it's also produced by that Vince O'Regan chap, who plays guitar on it, as it has that same horrid, clanky production style as Alibi and 2012's Escape disc.

Check out samples here if you think it may be your thing:

http://www.nehrecords.com/SHOP/DercoleDreams.htm