Question for Ebay Sellers

On one of my current ebay auctions I have a bid from a buyer in Guatemala, This buyer also has a ZERO feedback. My auction clearly says that I will not ship this item outside of the USA. Though I have shipped some items like this overseas depending on the buyer's history.

Sleazyjan (0)

Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 0%

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140526862429&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

My question is this... Should I cancel the bid right this second? Wait until the last day and hope someone out bids this buyer? Or risk sending this item to Guatemala to someone with no ebay history?

Thanks in advance... ~Dave~

I would agree with Steve, and cancel the bid.

Being the money hungry whore I am I'd leave the bid there... maybe just let him know in advance that you did state it was in the US only and if he wants it sent to Guatemala it would have to be sent via Registered Mail (which may include extra costs). That should keep you covered, yes?

Being the money hungry whore I am I'd leave the bid there... maybe just let him know in advance that you did state it was in the US only and if he wants it sent to Guatemala it would have to be sent via Registered Mail (which may include extra costs). That should keep you covered, yes?

I don't believe Pay-Pal considers Registered Mail proof that I actually sent the CD to him. Does anyone here know for sure? In which case I am worried that he may get the CD and keep it... then claim it never arrived. Then I'm out a $15.00 CD that I could possibly sell to someone else. The no feedback really bothers me. If he had a good track record I would have no problem taking a chance on it.

I don't believe Pay-Pal considers Registered Mail proof that I actually sent the CD to him. Does anyone here know for sure? In which case I am worried that he may get the CD and keep it... then claim it never arrived. Then I'm out a $15.00 CD that I could possibly sell to someone else. The no feedback really bothers me. If he had a good track record I would have no problem taking a chance on it.

Yeah they do, you need to keep your copy of the registered mail and the receipt... go figure. I had to scan it and send it to them before they gave me my money back. Long story but I got the email and the funds from selling something so I printed it and sent it the next day. Then when I checked they had reversed the payment so here I was having sent the item, no money and the guy giving me positive feedback for it. Turned out that his payment bounced and they weren't going to pay me until they got their money. Fkn assholes send the notification to me and it was in my account for a week and then they took it out. 6009 phones calls later, scans of stuff etc. they gave me the cash. I am pretty sure because this took 2 weeks, and the buyer was a nice guy and trying to sort it out on his end i.e. his account was suspended etc. that he probably put more money in so Paypal was never out of pocket.

My advice is trust no one and who knows what paypal will do!

:)

So you're considering posting to Guatemala, but you won't ship to the UK? Surely we are far less of a risk?! :unsure:

So you're considering posting to Guatemala, but you won't ship to the UK? Surely we are far less of a risk?! :unsure:

I will ship to the UK. And of course I would ship to any member here at HH. By putting that I will not ship that item overseas it gives me a "safety net" just in case I am suspicious. Sellers are not protected at all on ebay... this is my way of protecting myself.

Well I am not sure how you have set up your auction or if the US site is different to the UK one, but when I go into the postage options it allows me to set up exactly which countries I will and wont accept bids from.

To be honest, I initially set up all my auctions to only cover countries that have their own eBay site, but was getting so many requests from countries that dont, from guys with good feedback, that I opened it up to the every country.

If you set this up in your auctions, then countries not covered will be unable to bid.

Well I am not sure how you have set up your auction or if the US site is different to the UK one, but when I go into the postage options it allows me to set up exactly which countries I will and wont accept bids from.

To be honest, I initially set up all my auctions to only cover countries that have their own eBay site, but was getting so many requests from countries that dont, from guys with good feedback, that I opened it up to the every country.

If you set this up in your auctions, then countries not covered will be unable to bid.

You do have the option in the US to set up which countries you will ship to. 95% of my CDs I offer shipping worldwide. Some of the higher priced one I don't. It's funny how a $5.00 always seems to find its way to its destination... but a $45.00 will get lost on its way. I recently "lost" a $65.00 CD in the mail... and of course Pay-Pal will always believe the buyer.

You do have the option in the US to set up which countries you will ship to. 95% of my CDs I offer shipping worldwide. Some of the higher priced one I don't. It's funny how a $5.00 always seems to find its way to its destination... but a $45.00 will get lost on its way. I recently "lost" a $65.00 CD in the mail... and of course Pay-Pal will always believe the buyer.

Thats pretty much why I will only send expensive items with a postal service that covers the item costs on insurance.

Cheap items I dont even bother with getting the posting certificate stamped.