Houston, Crash Diet, Serpentine, Vega & Miss Behaviour

Captain Howdy

Funny thing is, I am not familiar with any of these bands except Crash Diet and Houston, which are both bands that seem ok but never hooked me, yet I am considering going if I can sort the money out (being out of work and already having a bunch of gigs, comedy shows and a friends wedding lined up is gonna cost me a fortune in travel fares).

for £10 you'd be stupid not to go if you have the opportunity.

Yeah guys, I hate to be blunt but I totally agree. I'd probably bet my nuts that a better value gig has never existed.

I hate you guys. ;):lol:

I'd pay £10 to see Crashdiet, Vega or Miss Behaviour ALONE. :lol: In all honesty, I'd pay about £30 to see any one of those three.

Yeah I saw this, but cant make it as it clashes with my sister in laws birthday.

Poxy Houston headlining again! They must have some photos of someone.....I mean come on. They should be bottom of that bill ;-)

Im going to see Crashdiet in any case support Hardcore Superstar in a couple of weeks time, which should be awesome..........

http://www.songkick.com/concerts/7809286-hardcore-superstar-at-electric-ballroom

Im going to see Crashdiet in any case support Hardcore Superstar in a couple of weeks time, which should be awesome..........

For me, that's a really good band supporting one I don't like at all. If Crashdiet were headlining, I'd be tempted.

As for the gig this thread is about, it is incredible value, but I only like one of the bands. So it becomes £10 + beer money + getting home really late for one band, who will probably play quite a short set. Plus Vicious Rumors are playing in May and that is one band I have to see.

From what I have seen, I thought it was a co-headline show for Houston and Crash Diet.

Have to say, with five bands on the bill and the doors opening at 7, the support acts are gonna have to rush through their sets with a minimum if time between sets.

Hell, when I went to see Adlers Appetite a few weeks ago, there were sposed to be three support acts but only ended up with two and the gig still ran late (finished at something like 11:40pm).

The more I think about this, the less tempting it becomes.

As I already said, none of the bands are of that much interest to me, but as James said, the value of the ticket becomes less when you factor in travel etc. Plus, if it does run late I run the risk of having to get a nightbus home rather than a train, and that takes forever.

For me, that's a really good band supporting one I don't like at all. If Crashdiet were headlining, I'd be tempted.

As for the gig this thread is about, it is incredible value, but I only like one of the bands. So it becomes £10 + beer money + getting home really late for one band, who will probably play quite a short set. Plus Vicious Rumors are playing in May and that is one band I have to see.

lol....for me HS = last 4 albums now without filler.

I fully expect them to wipe Crashdiet off the face of the earth....judging on You Tube vids.

Watch this space ;-)

I fully expect them to wipe Crashdiet off the face of the earth....judging on You Tube vids.

Watch this space ;-)

Should have seen that one coming! :lol:

I'm sure HS are great at what they do, but to me their sound has far too much punk, so not up my street at all. I had one of their CDs and liked about 2 tracks. Hey ho.

Watch this space ;-)

I'm sure HS are great at what they do, but to me their sound has far too much punk, so not up my street at all. I had one of their CDs and liked about 2 tracks. Hey ho.

Yeah, pretty odd comment there mate....liking Crashdiet, but not HS?? The two go hand in hand for me. I can understand the punkish element to HS to some degree, but I could name at least 20 killer songs by them which have bugger all do with punk.....just kick arse hard rock with great hooks and solos.

:-))

Watch this space ;-)

Yeah, pretty odd comment there mate....liking Crashdiet, but not HS?? The two go hand in hand for me. I can understand the punkish element to HS to some degree, but I could name at least 20 killer songs by them which have bugger all do with punk.....just kick arse hard rock with great hooks and solos.

:doh:

Didn't really find HS all that glammy, but very punk. The only song I really like of those that I've heard (including the whole of "Dreamin'...") is 'We Don't Celebrate Sundays'.

I don't do it on purpose, honest.

Watch this space ;-)

:doh:

Didn't really find HS all that glammy, but very punk. The only song I really like of those that I've heard (including the whole of "Dreamin'...") is 'We Don't Celebrate Sundays'.

I don't do it on purpose, honest.

Now Im even more confused........surely 'We Dont Celebrate Sundays' (whilst awesome) is one of their more punkish sounding tracks.

I would say that nothing on 'Beg For It' or 'Split Your Lip' is even remotely punk sounding.

[ps I hate punk with an avengence....so if HS sounded punk I definitely wouldnt be a fan!]