Night Ranger @ O2 Islington, London

Glen

Best news of the year so far!!

At last the fans in the UK will get the chance to see Night Ranger.

Tickets are £15 plus bookings and are available now through O2 Priority or on general release from Monday 7th March.

Hope a few guys on here will be interested??

Cheers

Why only London, I`d love to see Night Ranger :crying:

Firstly, why not London??

Im personally sick of these bands coming over and playing the likes of Maxines, JBs and Rock City.....its like London had been forgotten in recent times....so Im actually pretty glad that some of these bands are choosing London again!

Secondly, there may be extra dates??

Cheers

Could be that its the only announced date rather than the only date.

Cinderella is playing Shepherds Bush empire in June as well, and thats the only announced date as well.

Why only London, I`d love to see Night Ranger :crying:

Firstly, why not London??

Im personally sick of these bands coming over and playing the likes of Maxines, JBs and Rock City.....its like London had been forgotten in recent times....so Im actually pretty glad that some of these bands are choosing London again!

Secondly, there may be extra dates??

Cheers

Agreed, why not London, I hope there are other dates and close to where I live too. :beerbang:

Cinderella is playing Shepherds Bush empire in June as well, and thats the only announced date as well.

Now THAT'S interesting!

Now THAT'S interesting!

is it?

• 3 months later...

Well 26 years in the waiting and I have to say that this was one amazing gig! The band were delayed for 7 hours in customs, but Airrace greacefully agreed to reduce their set so that Night Ranger could still fit in the full hour 45 mins.

Great venue, full house, excellent sound (the twin guitars were particularly awesome!), Jack in great form both vocally & banta.

Set -

1.Rock N' Roll Tonite

2.Touch of Madness

3.Sing Me Away

4.Growin' Up In California

5.The Secret of My Success

6.Keyboard solo

7.Sentimental Street

8.Eddie's Comin' Out Tonight

9.L.A. No Name (instr Jap bonus on the newie - stunning live!!)

10.Goodbye

11.Lay It On Me

12.Coming of Age (Damn Yankees cover)

13.Four in the Morning

14.When You Close Your Eyes

15.Don't Tell Me You Love Me

Encore:

16.No Time To Lose Ya

17.Sister Christian

18.(You Can Still) Rock in America

I have to say that last 6 songs were all stunning, perfectly played.....all truly classic. The new song 'No Time To Lose Ya' fitted in perfectly in the middle as well, such is the quality of the tunes on the new album.

'When You Close Your Eyes'....was one of 'those' moments. One of the best songs I have heard at a gig ever! In fact 13-14-15 was just sheer bliss. 3 of my fav Night Ranger (in fact fav songs full stop) in succession.

My one question (and I knew this was gonna happen) is that band continue to ignore the Man In Motion album??! I know they have a lot of classic songs in their set, but MIN is an awesome slab of melodic rock and overlooking it is wrong IMO. Add say 'Restless Kind' and 'Dont Start Thinking' and you would have had the perfect set.

That said, with the reaction they got, I just hope that they make it back to these shores real soon.

Cheers

My one question (and I knew this was gonna happen) is that band continue to ignore the Man In Motion album??! I know they have a lot of classic songs in their set, but MIN is an awesome slab of melodic rock and overlooking it is wrong IMO. Add say 'Restless Kind' and 'Dont Start Thinking' and you would have had the perfect set.

"Restless Kind" is actually my fave NR song of all-time, and I really like "I Did it for Love" too (though I guess they already have enough ballads to play), so I'd have been hacked-off not to get anything from "Man In Motion"... Sounds pretty awesome nonetheless...

Very nice write up Glen, where were you stood? Were you close to the stage? I may have seen a pic of you on here in the past so I looked around for you (I could be wrong) :unsure:

It was an exceptional evening, well worth the 3 hour plus journey to London. :tumbsup:

My brother and I went, we thought Airrace sounded great, felt a little sorry for them having to rush their set, great playing and Keith Murrell sounded really good.

What a small intimate venue, when we walked in we had a great view but we decided on a front row position.

What a great view of Night Ranger we had, they taped the set list to the floor right in front of us so we knew what was coming.

Excellent sound throughout the evening (Journey take note) and a great set list, Jack Blades was hyperactive, his vocals were excellent, Brad Gillis is crazy - a great player (made me laugh with his facial impressions etc), Joel Hoekstra was great as well, he pretty much covered all the Jeff Watson parts spot on though maybe in a slightly different tone, he was stood directly above us, he was smiling and laughing a lot, Kelly Keagy has a cracking voice, nice to see a side on drummer too.

Night Ranger seemed to be having loads of fun, didn`t seem like a rushed get it over performance, 26 years since last visit and they made up for the time deficit.

Highlights for me were.....

Touch Of Madness

Eddie`s Comin` Out Tonight

L.A. No Name

When You Close Your Eyes

@ Faron.

We were stood a bit further back - great view & as you say a very intimate venue. Shame I didn't realise you were going otherwise we could have met!!

Glad you mentioned LA No Name - that was awesome eh!! I usually disappear for a piss during instrumentals but not that one! Inspired.

I just hope they realise what a strong fan base they have here and get their arses back for 2012!

@ Tim

Yeah I would have loved Restless Kind, but the rest was so awesome you had to let them off really. Sentimental Street & Four In The Morning was bowdown time!! Lol