New guy

Guest Bassman

Salutes and hoots, bassman. Do I know you from somewhere?

Yeah, you do. I'm not stalking you , I swear :D

You're not? Awwww man. Crushing disappointment. :(

Welcome... always great to have new blood around these parts... :chainsaw:

Guest Bassman

Yeah, you do. I'm not stalking you , I swear :D

You're not? Awwww man. Crushing disappointment. :(

Well, if you like it I can keep doing it, I guess :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• 2022 HH Donation Drive

Please support Heavy Harmonies! The donations goal is the out-of-pocket expenses to run the main site and this board for calendar year 2022.

82% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
    • Oh deary, deary me. People certainly do get old, don't they? Not sure those videos are helping the cause, but what do you do? It is what it is, and to be fair, these guys and gal have really recaptured their sound for this album and it's a really admirable effort. Wow, just noticed it's actually a new lead singer (their third on four albums), but if memory serves, this is still pretty true to their sound and style. Not sure I've really thought too highly of any of their vocalists, this one included, but there's some cool tunes in the mix.  That 'Fair enough' tune would have to be my pick on the album, but there's a few other sweet cuts like 'Lose Or Win,' 'Feels like love' and 'You're Gone' which are all pretty true to their sound of yesteryear.     
    • Unfortunately I have to say that this one and I took a little drive down Disappointment Avenue. Oh lol, good one. Fuckwit.  That aside, it's all solid but I kept hoping the next song would be the killer cut I was after, and then the album was over and it hadn't hit my ears. The best song, in my opinion, is the opener. That is a pretty good, hard hitting tune, but sadly they never surpass it, in my opinion. Okay album, but hopefully next time they fulfil their potential...? Maybe. 
    • 1    .    Awakening 2    .    Black Hole 3    .    Through the Night 4    .    Suffocating 5    .    Learn to Be Alone 6    .    Myself 7    .    Calling You 8    .    Vicious Cycle 9    .    Help Me Out! 10    .    Remedy 11    .    Eclipse 12    .    Summertown Post-hardcore outfit OUR MIRAGE have released their highly anticipated new album Eclipse and close their trilogy with the last chapter, out now worldwide via Arising Empire. Hailing out of Marl, Germany, this four piece post-hardcore group really hits you deep in your emotions. From the ambient music to the emotional lyrics that really strike a nerve, OUR MIRAGE offers a vast variety of elements that many of us can relate to. This young group is becoming known for the emotion that they pour into their music and their latest release Unseen Relations takes that line even deeper. The group largely focuses on the problems that our youth deal with internally, but their music doesn’t just speak to them, it is very intuitive of the problems and struggles that we all deal with on a common basis. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Nice album from these guys. Whole bunch of pretty sweet cuts on this one. This is my favourite of the album-   Some other cuts from the album-                
    • Pretty solid for what it is, but sadly, no killer track for me. The title track and 'King Of The Dead' and 'Taste Your Tongue' are my favourites, but none of this will be on my 2022 playlist.  
    • All in all it's a pretty decent album. First two songs and the tasty 'Say Farewell' are my picks of the lot, but everything on here's pretty solid. Biggest critique would probably be that it's all pretty similar and one-dimensional. But it's a pretty solid dimension.  
    • I guess this one's okay in places. Some cool metallic riffs here and there but overall not overly exciting. Solid for what it is, and I imagine Sword die-hards will probably dig it. 
    • Yeah, I was reading your list thinking that I was happy for you that you were that invested in your favourite albums this year. The albums in my list are far better than those, lol but I'm not sure I'm quite as passionate about them as you are about your top 10. Not sure, I say, as I will wait until the end of the year to see how my penned thoughts end up.  Anyway, I'm going to check out this VHS Collection thing tomorrow to see what that's all about. Otherwise, of your list, that Iron Allies one must be the curveball of the year, surely. Cannot for the life of me personally see what you see in that, but to each one's own, and glad you dig. 
    • Well I love my top 10 and it was basically impossible separating them. All killer albums imo. 
    • Pretty crazy, what's going on in China at the moment. Thank goodness you'd never see something like that happen in Austra- oh. Uh, as you were. There must be plenty of videos like this out and about at the moment-    
    • Haha, a couple of you guys keeping pretty quiet about changed minds on synthwave, after being pretty vocal about how terrible it is/was? I must say, I never got into the dark synth stuff like Dance With The Dead... more for the fact that I need vocals with the synthwave I really dig. I've actually heard a few dark synth bands this year I've passed on, with vocals, that I wonder if there'd be interest in here? Just gotta try to remember who they were...  As for the best of the year, not sure what to make of this year. There's an absolute tonne of good to very good albums, but when I look at the top end I'm not exactly blown away by any amazing albums. Good ones, and a lot of really excellent songs this year... but my highest rated album this year is 82%... which is a good album, but nothing looks like even threatening the 90% mark this year, which seems extremely unusual. The best of last year, for instance, seems a lot better than the best of this year. Still, I can't complain as there's been a lot of good music... just not as many great entire albums. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.