Tora Tora Finally Release 'Revolution Day' On CD!

Evil Rick

Tora Tora Finally Release 'Revolution Day' On CD

February 19, 2011

FnA Records releases a not so new album from Tora Tora. In fact, inferior copies have been floating around the internet for years to the dismay of the band. Guitarist Keith Douglas comments: "The files found and shared on the net are a poor copy from cassette to cd that are actually too fast. This release will be the closest thing ever to the original recording. Revolution Day Is Here!"

Revolution Day is material that was being worked on by Tora Tora for the follow-up to Wild America when the band found themselves in the midst of a new genre called Grunge. Fans of the hard rock genre would be disappointed as they saw their favorite bands dropped from their labels. What was a successful band like Tora Tora to do?

Anthony Corder recollecting the Revolution Day sessions: "The Revolution Day project was an interesting time for TORA TORA. It was the '93-'94 era, we were overlapping the last embers of our Wild America dates, rehearsing ideas for the new project, growing from our touring experiences, and experimenting with recording techniques. We relocated our rehearsal space to a warehouse over by the Memphis airport, and tried to stay focused on pre-production. We were pulling together ideas from handheld cassette recorders, scribbled napkins, & 8 track recordings we made on the bus or hotel rooms. I think we were more comfortable with our creative spirits, more confident in our ideas and our approach to songwriting. All of us contributed on the former projects, but everyone was struggling for the third project to keep the TORA identity, and go somewhere new at the same time. We definitely had moments of anxiety and frustration but it was all well worth it once we locked down the tunes. We were joined by The Memphis Horns as well as Susan Marshall and Stacy Plunk, adding back-up vocals on two tracks. The Revolution sessions were some of our most memorable escapades, and had us back at home in Ardent, hanging with Molly's LaCasita crew, and me personally closing down most Midtown establishments."

So what can the fans expect on Revolution Day? Well those fans of Tora Tora who fell in love with the bluesy feel of Walkin' Shoes and Phantom Rider, can expect more of the same (just with an updated feel) on tracks like Mississippi Voodoo Child, Candle And The Stone, Shelter From The Rain, Me and You, and Rescue Me. There are also your hard rockers on this album like "Living A World Away", "Out Of The Storm" and "Little Texas". Revolution Day shows a huge growth over Wild America as the band became more comfortable in the studio. On top of that, Anthony Corder's voice is at a top-notch level. The fans will not be disappointed. FnA Records, LLC. formed in 2009 to bring Rockers and Metalheads some of the best unreleased and hard-to-find music from the 80's and early 90's. We are also a label that allows you, the fans to bring us music that you remember from "Back In The Day", and to have it professionally released. FnA Records has been the home for the last 3 Tora Tora albums: "Bombs Away", "Miss B. Havin", and "Before & After". To pick up your copy, visit the website at www.fnarecords.net

'Revolution Day' track listing:

01 Intro- Revolution Day

02 Mississippi Voodoo Child

03 Candle And The Stone

04 Blues Come Home To You

05 Time And The Tide

06 Shelter From The Rain

07 Living A World Away

08 Rescue Me

09 Little Texas

10 Memphis Soul

11 Me And You

12 Out Of The Storm

Courtesy of www.sleazeroxx.com and fnarecords.net

I thought that the shitty copy from the net sounded pretty decent to be honest. Even for unmastered versions. It'll be a great album either way

• 6 years later...