Whitesnake - Slide It In

JamesEagle

I'm a big fan of Whitesnake's more rock/metal albums (I don't like the earlier bluesy stuff as much, so I'm not a purist) but haven't really listened to them for years. I had never realised that there were 2 versions of 'Slide It In' - a UK and a US one, the latter with John Sykes playing guitar. (Yeah, I know, how did I miss that one?)

As a massive fan of Sykes' playing, I suddenly have to get hold of the US version. The CD is pretty cheap, but I have no idea whether the CDs on Amazon and eBay are the UK or US version. I'm not really keen to buy the recent reissue, which has both versions, so does anyone know of an easy way to tell which version is which?

I think the track listing is different......

US Release

1. Slide It In

2. Slow An' Easy

3. Love Ain't No Stranger

4. All Or Nothing

5. Gambler

6. Guilty Of Love

7. Hungry For Love

8. Give Me More Time

9. Spit It Out

10. Standing In The Shadow

UK Release

1. Gambler

2. Slide It In

3. Standing in the Shadow

4. Give Me More Time

5. Love Ain't No Stranger

6. Slow An' Easy

7. Spit It Out

8. All or Nothing

9. Hungry for Love

10. Guilty of Love

11. Need Your Love So Bad

Or something like that

I think the track listing is different......

US Release

1. Slide It In

2. Slow An' Easy

3. Love Ain't No Stranger

4. All Or Nothing

5. Gambler

6. Guilty Of Love

7. Hungry For Love

8. Give Me More Time

9. Spit It Out

10. Standing In The Shadow

UK Release

1. Gambler

2. Slide It In

3. Standing in the Shadow

4. Give Me More Time

5. Love Ain't No Stranger

6. Slow An' Easy

7. Spit It Out

8. All or Nothing

9. Hungry for Love

10. Guilty of Love

11. Need Your Love So Bad

Or something like that

Cheers, that's really useful. Got my eye on a US copy now... :tumbsup:

There is quite a difference on some songs, obviously in Sykes and Galleys guitar playing, but also the US one being remixed and a few more keys and sprinkles added etc, a little like what they did with the MSG 'Built To Destroy' album. I slightly prefer the UK version, as it has a little more balls to it, but either are worth getting tbh.

I'd definitely go with the recent re-issue with both versions, as it is pretty cheap and has the bonus disc and remastering aswell.

The re-issued version is only is only £9 on Amazon, so as Jez says, thats really the one to go for considering what you get for your money.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slide-25th-Anniversary-Expanded-DVD/dp/tracks/B0027HB9UY/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

Yeah grab the re-released deluxe edition... It has both versions. I am a huge Sykes fan but all he does is some overdibs on 5 or so songs. The original is actually better IMO. That said no hard rock CD compares with 1987 :)

The re-issued version is only is only £9 on Amazon, so as Jez says, thats really the one to go for considering what you get for your money.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slide-25th-Anniversary-Expanded-DVD/dp/tracks/B0027HB9UY/ref=dp_tracks_all_1#disc_1

Only? :omg:

(Austerity is hitting me quite hard!!!)

£9 for essentially two albums and a DVD isnt what I would call expensive, and I'm currently unemployed.

Yeah, its nice when you can pick things up for £5, but you know that HMV is probably selling this for £15.

£9 for essentially two albums and a DVD isnt what I would call expensive, and I'm currently unemployed.

Yeah, its nice when you can pick things up for £5, but you know that HMV is probably selling this for £15.

Good point. The difference between HMV.com and HMV shop prices is, at times, quite alarming.

It's definitely on the list, when the next Amazon splurge comes around it's in.