Taking Dawn re-release Time To Burn

AlphaMale

These tracks have been available since day one from itunes.

The only one worth having is 'Cant Leave You Alone'......which is one of the best tracks.

Okay, so maybe not such a disaster after all. I'm calm now. (But I still aim a :cussing: at all the other bands (or, more likely, their labels) who issue 'special edition' CDs after we've bought the initial CD releases. So there.)

While I have been known to download albums here and there to either test them before buying, or if they are out of print tough to find albums, I do believe in supporting artists by buying albums.

Now when it comes to these so called special editions, I begrudge paying for the CD again (although as I said, this is not a CD version anyway) as its just a way of ripping off the fans.

Ok, it may be record labels at fault, not the bands, but I refuse to buy the album again just for a few new tracks. (its a different case if its an album thats quite a few years old being re-issued as thats fair enough).

In cases like these I will either pay for the individual tracks from Amazon or download them illegally.

I just think its unfair to pay for an album then be expected to buy the album again within a few months.

Either release the extended version at the same time (as was done with the last albums by Buckcherry and Airbourne) and let people choose which version they wanna buy or just release one all encompassing version and get rid of this stupid idea of special editions.

While I have been known to download albums here and there to either test them before buying, or if they are out of print tough to find albums, I do believe in supporting artists by buying albums.

Now when it comes to these so called special editions, I begrudge paying for the CD again (although as I said, this is not a CD version anyway) as its just a way of ripping off the fans.

Ok, it may be record labels at fault, not the bands, but I refuse to buy the album again just for a few new tracks. (its a different case if its an album thats quite a few years old being re-issued as thats fair enough).

In cases like these I will either pay for the individual tracks from Amazon or download them illegally.

I just think its unfair to pay for an album then be expected to buy the album again within a few months.

Either release the extended version at the same time (as was done with the last albums by Buckcherry and Airbourne) and let people choose which version they wanna buy or just release one all encompassing version and get rid of this stupid idea of special editions.

:agree:

Yep, I bought this CD a long time ago and downloaded these extra songs and that is how it'll stay.

If both versions are released at the same time, or have been released by the time I get the chance to buy the CD I will make an informed decision about which copy to buy. But as a general rule I will buy the cheaper version, generally as soon as I can, and just download any extra tracks that are released later. There are so many CDs out there to buy and the last thing one needs is to f*ck around with different versions of a CD one already has. :)