Judas Priest - 2011

Judas Priest - Your favorites  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been listening to Priest quite a bit lately, and was wondering what everyone's faves are these days? Not just Priest, but all things Priest related as well!

Make your picks, and then go back and see if your choice/opinions about your favorite JP studio album might have changed over the last five years: http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=7556&st=0

*Here's the band Holy Rage which features original Judas Priest singer Al Atkins if you'd like to check them out:

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3540318179

http://www.myspace.com/alatkinsholyrage

:banger:

One of my favorite bands.

The best priest album is a tough one hard. There are so many of the Priest albums that are really great. I chose Defenders of the faith but it could have been Screaming or Painkiller as well.

His Non Priest albums is also a hard one. I relly like the first Fight album but I went with Made of metal. The album is worth buying just for the fantastic Heartless tune :party421:

My picks:

1. STAINED CLASS (and yep, I voted for it in the old poll from five years ago too!)

2. UNLEASHED IN THE EAST

3. JUGULATOR

4. Iced Earth - THE GLORIOUS BURDEN

5. Fight - WAR OF WORDS

I chose:

1. Defenders Of the Faith (was a tough one to decide but this one wins for me)

2. Priest.....Live!

3. None; it wasn't Priest without Rob! (I actually never really listened to any Priest with Ripper)

4. Yngwie Malmsteen - Perpetual Flame

5. Fight - War of Words

My picks:

"Painkiller" for my fav Priest studio disc but there's not a lot of wrong choices on this one.

I might get killed but I loved the "98 Meltdown' disc with Ripper.

"Jugulator" is my fav of the Ripper albums. Killer stuff. :headbanger:

Iced Earth's "Glorius" is my fav Ripper related disc but also loved "Framing" and the Beyond Fear project as well as Rippers "Play My Game".

Fav Rob project is "Ressurection". What a return to form that was but the "Crucible" disc as well as Fight's "War of Words" are essential as well.

I went with the following - close call on the JP discs especially, but 'British Steel' still holds that place closest to me for many reasons

1. British Steel

2. Unleashed In The East

3. Jugulator

4. Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden

5. Halford - Resurrection (Although the new 'Made Of Metal' kicks serious butt)

I like some Priest, been trying to listen and get into some of the older stuff like Stained Class and Sin After Sin.

My favourite/s are Screaming For Vengeance and Defenders of The Faith.

Don`t really know any Ripper or non JP stuff.

Two things that have surprised me so far:

1. No votes for Halford's 'Crucible'. Personally I love that album but I did vote for 'Resurrection' however I think that 'Crucible' is much better than the new one 'Made of Metal' which is solid but not great IMO.

2. The votes for the Ripper project for Malmsteen's 'Perpetual Flame'. Don't get me wrong it's a good disc and all but doesn't compare to many of the other Ripper stuff like Iced Earth, Beyond Fear or Ripper's solo album.

3. Also a little surprised at no votes for 'Turbo'. I personally think that disc kind of sucks but with it being more radio friendly than most of their catalog I figured it would get many votes kind of like Kiss' 'Crazy Nights' in the Kiss non makeup poll.

Anyway great poll Mike. I love the Priest stuff especially the heavier stuff and love most of Ripper and Halfords solo stuff plus even the Ripper fronted 'Jugulator'. :headbanger:

I chose as follows:

1. Defenders of the Faith - This was the first Priest album I ever owned (actually it was a cassette at the time) so as my introduction to them, it stands as my fave after all these years. SFV is awesome as well, and I would also have to give consideration to Painkiller as it contains my favorite Priest tune, "A Touch of Evil". :banger:

2. 98 Live Meltdown - I enjoy hearing Ripper take on the back catalog, and think he does a damn fine job

3. Jugulator - Just an onslaught of metal

4. Iced Earth ~ The Glorious Burden Simply put, this is EPIC! Easily my fave from Ripper. "When The Eagle Cries" is insanely good. :banger:

5. Halford ~ Resurrection Great stuff!

I've recently gotten around to finally replacing my cassettes of Point of Entry, British Steel, and Hell Bent For Leather with CDS, and have been enjoying getting to know these albums all over again. I'll probably pick up Stained Class too, which is one I've never owned in any format.

I've recently gotten around to finally replacing my cassettes of Point of Entry, British Steel, and Hell Bent For Leather with CDS, and have been enjoying getting to know these albums all over again. I'll probably pick up Stained Class too, which is one I've never owned in any format.

Stained Class is killer!