Favorite releases of 2010

my top ten list, it's hard to pick who's number one, who's number two, so i guess i just sort them out from A-Z

CRASHDIET - Generation Wild

CRAZY LIXX - New Religion

H.E.A.T - Freedom Rock

JETTBLACK - Get Your Hands Dirty

PRETTY MAIDS - Pandemonium

RATT - Infestation

RECKLESS LOVE - s/t

TREAT - Coup de Grace

VEGA - Kiss of Life

VINCE NEIL - Tattoos and Tequila

and several other eleven to twenty

ASIA - Omega

FIRST SIGNAL - s/t

HOUSTON - s/t

IRON MAIDEN - The Final Frontier

SHINING LINE - s/t

SISTER SIN - True Sound of The Underground

TERRY BROCK - Diamond Blue

UNRULY CHILD - Worlds Collide

WHITE WIDDOW - s/t

WIG WAM - Non Stop Rock and Roll

2. Vega - Kiss Of Life

A bit of a late entry this one and wow! what an entry. I must admit to being completely underwhelmed with quite a lot of so called AOR releases over the last 5 or so years, so this came as a really nice surprise and put my faith back into the genre somewhat. Well written, ballsy AOR, beautifully produced and played. Here's to album number 2 (and quickly please)

Second album written - just awaiting the record companies say to start the recording process :-))

Nice list with a few surprises, not least Tel Brock and First Signal in the lowly positions of 19/20?? Stonkingly great albums for me.

Cheers.

With a year as good as last year, 19-20 is still a very good placing and as I said above, there really wasn't that much between 10-30 if I am honest - great albums one and all. I had another 50 odd discs lined up that didn't even get a mentioned.

19/20 would be a good position, if you didn't have stuff like FM higher up! Is the Houston disc really that good, I haven't checked it out yet?

I think this comment got lost because you suck, but no, the Houston disc isn't really that good. ;)

Nah, I kid, it's a nice safe disc but I can pretty much guarantee it'll do nothing for you. Who knows, though, you may surprise me. I just thought it was nice safe AOR, but compared to what else was released in 2010 it wasn't anything special, imo, of course. :)

Tim, youd hate it as it sounds like it came right out of 1985...with no modern updates/production or anything.

So no cookie-monster vocals then? Sounds dull. Seriously I did see it pretty cheap on Amazon so may snap it up for a listen...

There are 2 or 3 excellent songs on it....'misery' in particular!