Even the mighty get hacked...

Blue Charvel

Seriously, how sad is it when you're checking out your newsfeed, and you come across this...

lukatherspam.jpg

Fucking hackers, even the mighty Steve Lukather is not safe... and they're going after Vinnie Moore...

Seriously, how sad is it when you're checking out your newsfeed, and you come across this...

lukatherspam.jpg

Fucking hackers, even the mighty Steve Lukather is not safe... and they're going after Vinnie Moore...

I am pretty sure I see a handsome little pug in that photo there. Nice.

lukatherspam.jpg

I am pretty sure I see a handsome little pug in that photo there. Nice.

I believe it's actually one of yours. Steve is known for two things: amazing skills with the guitar, and pug thievery... little known fact...

That happens because people get a private message on their facebook account from a friend that says something similar to the "look at you in this vid". So when you click on the link it installs a virus that takes over your facebook and uses your name to send out the same message/virus to your friends until you remove the virus and change your password and it ends up spreading like wildfire. It just happened to one of my friends this week. Luckily he told me about it and warned me I would probably be getting a message from him, which I did and deleted. It's a bunch of shit and facebook really needs to do more to keep this crap from happening. Same with those "OMG I can't believe what this mom actually did to her teenager! Shocking!!" messages you see on peoples pages. Don't ever click on that garbage unless you want the fun of removing a virus.

That happens because people get a private message on their facebook account from a friend that says something similar to the "look at you in this vid". So when you click on the link it installs a virus that takes over your facebook and uses your name to send out the same message/virus to your friends until you remove the virus and change your password and it ends up spreading like wildfire. It just happened to one of my friends this week. Luckily he told me about it and warned me I would probably be getting a message from him, which I did and deleted. It's a bunch of shit and facebook really needs to do more to keep this crap from happening. Same with those "OMG I can't believe what this mom actually did to her teenager! Shocking!!" messages you see on peoples pages. Don't ever click on that garbage unless you want the fun of removing a virus.

Yep, exactomundo my brother.

• 1 month later...

I am constantly having to explain this shit to friends on my FB page, and yet they still keep doing it.

I have given up.

Let them have their PCs riddled with viruses, I couldnt care less if you are that dumb to keep clicking on those bloody links.

Its like those stupid "you can see who viewed your profile" links as well.

You'd think that after all these years, people would realise none of them work and all they do is hack your fucking account, but noooooo!!!!

• 2 months later...