MHR Quiz

stormspell

Below is a tune (yet unmastered) from an upcoming Stormspell release. Let's see if anyone can name the band. First one to do so will win some nice prize.

Hint: US band, active during the 80s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUCYAqzunM8

• My Little Pony

I am pretty darn sure its the Cleveland Ohio band STUTZ.

STUTZ.jpg

And the cuts are awesome!

Jerry looks like a Jenny.... and the guy on the far right looks like a sad clown..

Heh heh! Holy shit, that photo is hilarious!

Aaaand, Martinsane is the winner! :drink::)

We're remixing and remastering from the 2-inch reels right now and there are also tons of demos/unreleased 1/4-reels available to sift through, so this will be an ongoing project for awhile hopefully spawning multiple discs worth of release.

Here is one more tune (rough mix):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmh6bIMA5PU

Iordan will this release include the 2 lp's that the band already released as well as all the bonus /b-side stuff you mentioned?

They actually only had a 7" and an LP both from 1983. What is listed as 1987 release on Metal-archives was only a demo tape I think. 7 songs from that demo were recorded in studio as part of a prize for winning a battle of bands contest. That's what we're mixing and mastering right now. There are also some 1988 demos which are superior to the previous stuff with a lot more punch and hooks. I'm hoping we'd be able to recover and use some of those too.

BTW: whats my prize? :)

Remind me when the cds are out and I'll hook you up with a copy. How's about that?

I am pretty darn sure its the Cleveland Ohio band STUTZ.

STUTZ.jpg

And the cuts are awesome!

Jerry looks like a Jenny.... and the guy on the far right looks like a sad clown..

Heh heh! Holy shit, that photo is hilarious!

OMG sad clown...that's too much

Iordan will this release include the 2 lp's that the band already released as well as all the bonus /b-side stuff you mentioned?

They actually only had a 7" and an LP both from 1983. What is listed as 1987 release on Metal-archives was only a demo tape I think. 7 songs from that demo were recorded in studio as part of a prize for winning a battle of bands contest. That's what we're mixing and mastering right now. There are also some 1988 demos which are superior to the previous stuff with a lot more punch and hooks. I'm hoping we'd be able to recover and use some of those too.

BTW: whats my prize? :)

Remind me when the cds are out and I'll hook you up with a copy. How's about that?

Could a guy ask for anything more? :)

• 2 months later...

STUTZ - Marching into Hell

Stutz were a brotherhood of warriors, which in 1987 took on a crusade to the fiery pits of Hell to deliver us from evil. Hailing from Cleveland, Ohio, their sound can be described as mix between classic Stryper, Dokken, Ratt, and 80s era KISS just to name a few. Melodic, yet with distinctive punch and flare.

To be released in Spring 2011 as part of a box set containing almost everything the band has recorded during the 80s.

Artwork preview for STUTZ - Marching into Hell CD (not final, work still in progress):

marching-into-hell-500.jpg

Artwork preview for STUTZ - Too Much to Handle CD:

stutz-500.jpg

Yeah, VERY interested as well !! :drink:

• 2 weeks later...