Our charity 10K run

Glen

Sadly my wife Karen lost her cousin to skin cancer a couple of years back and my uncle died of lung cancer last month following an 18 month battle against Asbestosis.

Karen and I have decided to run the Southend 10K on October 3rd to raise some money for Cancer research UK.

Any donations however small, will be gladly accepted and much appreciated.

Link below to our web page.

Many thanks!

http://www.justgiving.com/glenandkaren

just bumping this.....

not begging, but any donations, however small (even just a dollar or two) would be most appreciated.

Its all for a great cause.

Cheers all..........

Nice, one, very worthy cause. There has been some cancer in my family too, including my brother who had bowel cancer at the age of 20, which is almost unheard of. He pulled through, but it will always affect him. Palace played Yeovil the other day and one of the match reports said that the result didn't really matter, as a popular ex-Yeovil player had just died of bowel cancer aged 31. That is tragic, words don't come close really. Certainly puts things into perspective.

I will definitely donate, but will have to wait a few weeks to do so, so please keep bumping the thread! Good work.

Nice, one, very worthy cause. There has been some cancer in my family too, including my brother who had bowel cancer at the age of 20, which is almost unheard of. He pulled through, but it will always affect him. Palace played Yeovil the other day and one of the match reports said that the result didn't really matter, as a popular ex-Yeovil player had just died of bowel cancer aged 31. That is tragic, words don't come close really. Certainly puts things into perspective.

I will definitely donate, but will have to wait a few weeks to do so, so please keep bumping the thread! Good work.

Thanks mate...much appreciated!

The link is in my signature too and will be there til the run date.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

BUMP

As the fateful day draws nearer, anyone willing to part with a pound or 2?

Please dont be put off by the donations, even the smallest amount would be gratefully received!!

Its for a very good cause.

Cheers an all.

Assuming I don't end up selling all my CDs for peanuts, I'll send a fiver when my auctions end (Sunday week). You might need to remind me though... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks guys! Very much appreciated!!

Looks like its going to be pissing down with rain on Sunday so i'll be earning these donations :-((

Hey ho, should be a good day whatever the weather.

Cheers

All the best mate hope you do well and raise plenty of money for the cause,would send a donation to help but still only picking up part time work at the moment as i lost my job not long ago.Lost my Mum to a brain tumour back in Oct'1984 so know how it can affect people's lives.

All the best mate hope you do well and raise plenty of money for the cause,would send a donation to help but still only picking up part time work at the moment as i lost my job not long ago.Lost my Mum to a brain tumour back in Oct'1984 so know how it can affect people's lives.

Thanks mate!!