Does this happen to you?

Jeff

Tonight I am in the car and I'm listening to Zan Clan's "Go Go Go". The song has cop car siren's in it and of course I start looking in my rear view mirror, side mirrors for a few seconds before I realize...idiot, it's the song...again. :doh:

Does that happen to you? If so, what songs do you know of that have a sound that "fools" or "tricks" you in some way.

HAHA! I mentioned this in a thread the other day, and I've somehow ended up with so many CDs with sirens in them recently. Most noteably is the new Reckless Love CD. I forget the song, but I've been playing it on the highway when I go up to my brother's places up the coast, where I often do a sneaky 10-20km over the speed limit, and every single time a song like that comes on I just feel my entire self go pale and my heart skips 80 beats. Scares the living f*ck out of me... but yeah, happens every time.

Yeah, Beat It by Michael Jackson.....sitting in my room, door shut, headphones on and just before the solo theres a random knocking noise...made me think someone was at the door xD

Actually, first time i listened to Black or White was the same thing :unsure:

I'm on Fire from Brother Firetribe has the sirens in the intro, always have to remind myself before they come on, because they always made me look in the mirror when I got the CD back in 2006.

Hasn't happened in a while but yea, there are a few songs I can think of with cop sirens in them (Babylon A.D.'s "Kid Goes Wild" for example) that have made me do a double-take while listening to them in the car...

Sort of related, how 'bout this? On Type O Negative's SLOW DEEP AND HARD album, the next to last track is called "The Misinterpretation of Silence and its Disastrous Consequences," and it's just what the title implies -- a minute or so of silence before the last song ("Gravitational Constant") starts. When I first got that album back in the day I remember listening to it on my Walkman late at night, and I started drifting off during the "Silence" bit... so when that last song kicked in (with a maniacal chant of "ONE TWO THREE FOUR, I DON'T WANNA LIVE NO MORE!") it damn near blew my head off and scared the sh*t outta me! :rofl:

'Under a falling sky' by Crashcarburn scared the living shit out of my as I drove back home from the coast last night. Unexpected police sirens.