any Joshua Kadison fans out there?

66 mustang

backed 100%. first time I heard Jessie I was stunned. what a great song. and the song Beautiful In My Eyes, has there ever been a more beautiful song written? I mean still today listening to that song it gives me chills and takes me back to an ex of mine in an instant.

That's cool you mention the memory thing and how that song triggers it.

JK is truly a gifted songwriter and performer and his songs do stir a lot of memories up for me as well, he wrote a book some years ago that I have somewhere, good read...

Thanks for the video's and the refresher.

Holy shit. I just played that 'Jessie' track. That is the 2nd time I have lived my whole life crediting Elton John to a song he did not sing! :lol:

I always thought 'Easy' (which I later found out was sung by Faith No More) was an Elton John song, and I always thought 'Jessie' was Elton John too. :lol: Amazing.

That said, I always did like that song. I could see this album being chock full of fillers with one or two nice tunes, but I might take a chance on it in the secondspin sales once. I should be able to get it for around $2 I think. :)

I always thought 'Easy' (which I later found out was sung by Faith No More) was an Elton John song, and I always thought 'Jessie' was Elton John too. :lol: Amazing.

Wow, FNM were massive down here and Easy was probably #1 on the charts. How did someone into hard rock miss that?

I had friends who weren't into rock music wanting to buy that album and playing air guitar to the solo at school lol

The only similarity to Elton John is the piano, vocally they ain't even close?????

Wow, FNM were massive down here and Easy was probably #1 on the charts. How did someone into hard rock miss that?

I had friends who weren't into rock music wanting to buy that album and playing air guitar to the solo at school lol

The only similarity to Elton John is the piano, vocally they ain't even close?????

Because I was too busy listening to hard rock instead of FNM! ;) Always hated FNM.

Joshua Kadison's first album had a bunch of great songs as mentioned. But I was not a fan of his 2nd album which from memory changed style and sounded a bit almost gospel like in parts.

I love his first album 'Painted Desert Serenade' but his second one 'Delilah Blue' I thought was weak and as fahrenheit says, in a different style. There is a an amazing track called 'All I Ever Ask' (which is on the 'Jessie' CD Single if you can find it on t'net) - definitley should have been on the album imo as it is one of the best songs I have heard him do.

FNM's "Easy" is actually a cover of an old Commodores (w/Lionel Richie) song. The scary thing is that they play it extremely close to the original.

On a side note, the CD single for "Easy" has one of my all time favorite cover photos on it. I swear if I ever come across this disc, I'm buyin' it just for the cover.

41JSGWZMDGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:rofl: Ahhhh, rhinoceros copulation... isn't it romantic?

Well, there you go. Maybe that's why I never picked that it was FMN. Thanks for the info.

• 11 months later...

Painted Desert Serenade is one of the greatest albums of all time, that's why there's so many vids from that release ;)

Agreed Deliah Blue has lots of fillers but a few good tracks in the mix.

Did anyone ever hear his later albums?

• 7 months later...

OK, so if Jessie is the main song (think movie here with me for a minute) then what is Georgia Rain? is it a sequel or a prequel??? maybe it is how you view love and relationships. if you are a great relationship and things are all great then Georgia Rain could be how "he and Jessie" end up. if you are a "things go to crap" relationship kind of feeling then Georgia Rain could be how things was at one time and Jessie is how things end up, all broken and shattered

• 7 years later...

I am a huge fan of Joshua Kadison, can anyone tell me if he is on any tour for concerts and if any chance of him coming to Australia-Melbourne! Jesse and your beautiful in my eyes is always played on my favourite radio -smooth 91.5 Fm! I can’t get enough of the two songs. Absolutely a beautiful song! It will never die! And he sings it so Beautifully  😍 Thanks 🙏