Jack Russell

Mullethead

This is so sad....one of my fave bands and he sounds so bad. Listen to the end of the interview and watch the concert clip. I just can't believe its him...

http://94wysp.radio.com/2010/05/12/podcast-jack-russell-of-great-white/

That was sad. Great White has always been a favorite of mine. I guess Jack Russsell wanted to see them too. I feel for the DJ also. JR seemed to be one of his favorite interviews and to hear him like that must have been really upsetting.

Sandy

Haven't listened to the interview yet but watched the video...yeesh!

I saw Great White play in Arizona in '03 (I think that was the year). Jack was feeling pretty good, they had been out on the river drinking all day. Halfway through the set he pulls up his shirt to reveal his big belly and says to the crowd something like "any of you ladies want this?" You could hear this big groan go up from the crowd. I don't think any of the ladies took him up on his offer. :yikes:

Ok, just listened to the interview. It gets good just after 10 minutes so it takes a bit to get to the meat and potatoes. What is he smoking? I hope they use the shout out he gave the station! LOL

Edited by Evil Rick

You gotta wonder though how much the Rhode Island fire still affects these guys, that would easily be enough to drive me to drink every day to just forget about it! The end of that interview was very strange? Almost like he has a split personality and a different one popped out at the end.

But watching that live video is just freaking sad! This is one of my favorite bands from back in the day, I saw them open for Whitesnake in 1987 and they blew them off the stage! Hard to imagine that from seeing them now! Who needs a chair onstage to perform hard rock (unless you are Jackyl and the chair is being used to sink a chainsaw into!)

Hmmm, Jack sounded pretty coherent up to the end, almost like he decided just to mess around a bit to me?

The video, was in-audible, could not hear a note, but the chair and cane aren't surprising, hell we are all getting OLD!

Would agree with Steve, I am sure that that fire is still a focal point in the bands memories and we all knkow the best way to cover up bad memories.

I think GW are a great band, many great albums and I saw them open for Judas Preist on the Defenders Of The Faith tour, Great White was supporting the S/T album and they killed it!

I'm going to be seeing Great White and Dokken at Sturgis in Aug. Hopefully Jack has it together a bit better by then.

I'm going to be seeing Great White and Dokken at Sturgis in Aug. Hopefully Jack has it together a bit better by then.

I'm probably not going to be able to make that show now. :crying:

Nooooooo!!! :doh:

Wow, I'm not even sure what to say or think after hearing that. I do hope he gets better too.

I think Great White used to come to Dibbo's in Hudson, WI on Valentine's Day for a few years in a row, sort of like an annual thing and I never got down there to see them. My bad and I wish I would've.

Wow, I'm not even sure what to say or think after hearing that. I do hope he gets better too.

I think Great White used to come to Dibbo's in Hudson, WI on Valentine's Day for a few years in a row, sort of like an annual thing and I never got down there to see them. My bad and I wish I would've.

This will be my second time seeing them. The first time they played all the big hits but Mark had major sound problems with his guitar for the first few songs, and played some 10 min guitar track off an album he recorded. Plus Jack was pretty looped so it was an odd show.

Maybe Jack will decide he wants to see Great White play and end up drinking a beer beside me instead of singing. :lol:

I'm really surprised some are joking about his condition...really surprised. Im just amazed...looking at him in 1992 as opposed to today. Looks like two different people...