Happy Town - New Show on ABC

Did anyone watch the premiere of this last week?

I thought it was very good and looks to get even better from the previews of upcoming episodes.

It kind of has that murder/mystery style of Harpers Island from last year.

I really enjoyed that 'Harper's Island' series, but considering that I ended up watching the last few episodes at 1:45am in the morning I can't see any networks picking this one up. :( Sounds interesting, though.

I watched it last week, neat stuff. Kinda has a Stephen King vibe (i.e. a small town, full of weird characters, harboring lots of dark secrets) to it.

I understand the premiere got absolutely murdered in the ratings though, so I think we better enjoy this show while we can, Wes. :(

I watched it last week, neat stuff. Kinda has a Stephen King vibe (i.e. a small town, full of weird characters, harboring lots of dark secrets) to it.

I understand the premiere got absolutely murdered in the ratings though, so I think we better enjoy this show while we can, Wes. :(

Damn why don't people watch these cool shows? :screwy:

My wife and I have decided that were just gonna DVR CSI:NY and watch Happy Town as we were both impressed.

http://ausiellofiles...lls-happy-town/

May 11 2010 02:30 PM ET

This Just In: ABC pulls 'Happy Town'

Some sad news for fans of ABC's Happy Town (Hello? Anyone? Bueller?). The poor man's Twin Peaks is getting yanked off the air after this week's airing. According to ABC, the ratings-challenged drama — which will be replaced with a Primetime special on May 19 and a rebroadcast of Transformers on May 26 — will return on June 2 with the first of five remaining episodes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched the first coupla episodes, and thought it was kinda cool in a "Twin Peaks" kinda way, but unfortunately, folks are VERY leery of devoting time to serialized dramas since they rarely last...-_-

http://ausiellofiles...lls-happy-town/

May 11 2010 02:30 PM ET

This Just In: ABC pulls 'Happy Town'

Some sad news for fans of ABC's Happy Town (Hello? Anyone? Bueller?). The poor man's Twin Peaks is getting yanked off the air after this week's airing. According to ABC, the ratings-challenged drama — which will be replaced with a Primetime special on May 19 and a rebroadcast of Transformers on May 26 — will return on June 2 with the first of five remaining episodes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched the first coupla episodes, and thought it was kinda cool in a "Twin Peaks" kinda way, but unfortunately, folks are VERY leery of devoting time to serialized dramas since they rarely last...-_-

The other problem is IMO is that it's just ridiculous to debut a new show this late in the season. They should of either had it as a summer show or waited until the fall for the 2010/2011 season.